Chapter 17

He cupped my cheeks with his hands and looked me directly in the eyes. He started rubbing my cheek a bit with his thumb and began to get closer.

What was going on? Holy shit, was he going to kiss me? No, I didn't want my first kiss to be like this. God knows how bad I wanted to kiss Harry but I didn't want him to be drunk as fuck when he did. This was the alcohol acting for him.

"Harry please stop." I whispered and stopped him with my hand in his chest. We were so closed that I could feel his breath tickling my skin.

"Sssh Belle. Everything is going to be alright." Harry said whispering. He began to get closer again. 

"NO HARRY! STOP!" I yelled. I pushed him and he fell off the couch. I gasped and brought my hands to my mouth and covered it.

He looked at me with big eyes. I couldn't read his beautiful emerald eyes but I knew hurt was somewhere behind them. 

"I'm sorry Harry but I don't want my first kiss to be like this. I don't want the person who gives me my first kiss to be drunk."

He didn't say anything. Harry just kept looking at me without saying a word. His silence was killing me inside.

"I should go." My voice cracked and a tear managed to come out of my eye, even though I was fighting to hold them back.

I turned around and started walking towards the door. Maybe I should say goodbye to the boys but that meant they were going to see me like this: crying, with red eyes and sorrowed. I decided I was going to leave without anyone noticing. I must admit that I was hoping Harry was going to come after me and apologise or something. But he didn't. He wasn't going to come.

When I finally reached the door I felt a hand grabbing my arm. For a minute I thought it was Harry but when I turned around I saw Niall, who was smiling at me but his smile was suddenly changed by a frown and worried eyes.

"Belle, what happened? Where are you going?"

"Home."

"But why? Where's Harry?"

When he said his name I looked down and Niall figured out that something happened between Harry and I. He didn't ask anything. The blonde boy with blue eyes just smiled at me and took my hand. We got out of Zayn's house and drifted away on Niall's car from the loud music.

The ride was quiet till I couldn't handle anymore and burst into tears Niall pulled over and made me come near him and comforted me.

"Ssshh Belle. I'm here, ok? Just tell me what happened." Niall said in a sweet tone.

"I-I-I." 

"Just tried to calm down Belle. Breathe."

I tried to do what he told me, so I started to take deep breath.

"Better?" He asked with a smile. I nodded.

I took a last deep breath and started explaining what happened. "Harry tried to kiss me." I confessed.

"What? But isn't that a good thing? I mean you both like each other." He said confused. 

The tears kept coming out of my eyes. I sighed. "I have never given my first kiss."

Niall's eyes wider and mouthed an 'oh'.

"Harry was drunk. It wasn't him, it was the alcohol acting for him. And I don't want to have my first kiss with someone who's drunk as fuck so I pushed him and he fell off the couch when he got closer. I don't even know why I'm crying. I feel guilty and awful for some reason."