Chapter 6

I woke up at 10 am and ate breakfast. Just some scrambled eggs, toasts and hot chocolate.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do today. Should I go out and see if I could find another job in case I don’t get the assistant job? Or maybe I should stay at home for today and just chill? Oh come on Belle! How will you stay at home? YOU'RE IN LONDON FOR FUCK'S SAKE! Go out and do tourist stuff, I don't know! Just go out!

Ok I think I'll go out.

I took a shower and got dressed, grabbed my purse and left. I decided to go to Hyde Park and read one of the books I had bought yesterday. The weather wasn't that bad, we were almost in autumn but today the weather was nice. When I was at the reception I said hi to Mr. Jackson and had a little chat with him and told him about my job application. He was really nice and easy going. I liked talking with him.

I didn't take the bus this time, I just walked a few blocks and took the subway. I had to live the experience of being in the London underground. Anyway, I took a look at the map to know in which station I had to get off. I had to get off in Hyde Park Corner Station. It wasn't too far away, I was pretty closed.

When I got there I crossed to the other side. It was huge. I couldn't keep my mouth closed, it was tremendous. I walked for about 10 minutes then I found the suitable place to read. It was under a huge tree. I sat down and started reading.

It was so calm and the breeze felt wonderful. 

"I could do this forever. Just being here, reading a book with the breeze in my face. I think I'll come once a week. Yeah I'll do that." I looked up to the sky, closed my eyes and smiled.

"Hello, beautiful. Will you give me your number now as you promised?" A sort of familiar male voice said.

"Excuse me?" I looked pissed at the stupid asshole who interrupted my peace.

"Wow, if looks could kill!" He laughed. "I'm sorry Belle, it's me. The coffee guy? We met at Starbucks. I work there."

The coffee guy? Starbucks? Ooooh right! The guy who I thought was flirting with me.

"Oh Hi. I didn't recognize you. Sorry." I apologized.

"Hahaha don't worry. It was my fault. I disturbed you." He smiled. "So what are you reading?" He said while he took a seat next to me.

I showed him the book. "Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë."

"Cool book." He smiled cheekily.

"Yeah, I always wanted to read it but never had the chance." I smiled. "Have you read it? Oh wait, you don't seem the type of guy who would read a book like this one."

"I actually I had Ms. Know It All." 

"Really? Well, tell me something about it," I asked looking at him.

"Let's see, it's captivating in defining the emotional progress and it's simple but affective portrait of the characters, especially of his narrator, Jane Eyre, sensitive girl with a miserable childhood looking for happiness, affection and love, which is nothing more than a mirror of the author himself." He said it like it he was reading poetry.

I was impressed I must admit. First he was all cocky and all of sudden he says this type of things and he just- I didn't even know what to think about him.

"I have let girls speechless but not in these circumstances." He said with a cocky attitude and winked at me.

"Don't flutter yourself coffee guy." I blushed and looked away.

"Luke." He told me.

"What?" I looked at him confused.

"My name is Luke, babe." He smiled.