Chapter 41

I haven't seen Belle since I saw her crying on that hallway, just minutes before I went to stage. I couldn't find her after the show. The boys and Lou knew something and they didn't want to tell me what was going on. I could feel it. They were really quiet and seemed off. 

My phone started ringing, snapping me out of my thoughts.

Wishfully I thought it might be her.

But it was Lou.

“Harry!” She yelled at me through the speaker. “You stupid boy! What did you do to her? I bet you're with that Kendall girl now! Belle looked shattered! She’s gone, it’s all your fault.”

“Wh-what?”

“She went back to London. She apologized saying that she needed to go, she took the first flight available. Belle also said that she might go back to Chile.”

“What! B-but she can’t do that.” I said scared. “Wh-what about her postgraduate? She can’t go.” What about me? About us?

“She said something about finishing it overseas, I think her university has a program for students from abroad. Harry you better-“

“I gotta go.” I hung up. I dropped my phone. Belle was going back to Chile. If she did… I would lose her forever.

I screwed things up so fucking much with Belle. Seeing her broken and telling me all those things at the studio, all her feelings, all the truth about us. I had been waiting so long for this real connection that so many people miss out in life, to finally have someone who loves me for who I am, the real me. I had all of that with Belle, and even more. What was I doing here with Kendall? Yeah sure, she was hot and funny, but she had nothing on Belle. And I was saying it in every aspect. She told me that she was right when she said I was going to leave her for someone beautiful and better than her, but Belle was wrong. What’s going on between Kendall and I can’t be compared with what I have with Belle. Well, with what I had with Belle. I was a complete different person when I was with her than when I was with Kendall… And to be honest, I liked much more who I was when I’m with Belle. She made me be a better version of myself. She encourages me to be me.

“Belle was right.” I said suddenly. “This is not what I want. This is not what I’m looking for.”

Kendall looked at me confused. She took my hand and got closer. “Harry, what are you talking about? You have been really strange and distracted since you…” By the look in her eyes I knew she had realized. 

“I’m sorry Kendall. I need to go.” I paused. “I need to get back to London.”

“So you choose her? What do you even see in her Harry? It’s never going to work.” Kendall yelled. She was mad. 

“Sometimes you can’t explain what you see in a person. It’s just the way they take you to a place where no one else can.”

I got up of the couch and got out as fast as I could. I left an angry Kendall behind me yelling all type of things. I couldn't care less. I needed to be somewhere else now. I needed to get back someone important that I had lost for being a jerk.

I just hope it wasn't too late.

...

It was half past midnight when I arrived at London’s Heathrow Airport. Thanks to my abruptly decision to get on the first flight back to London, there weren’t too many paps.

Before taking the flight I called Gemma, who was still in London at a friends’ house, to pick me up and drove me home. I needed to get my car to go to Belle’s flat.

“Get in dumbass.” Gemma told me in a cold tone.

“Nice seeing you too sister.” I said laughing as I got in the car. It didn’t meet my eyes though. I was too broken to really laugh.

“You really have the nerve to joke after what you did?” My sister’s eyes were piercing me. “You’re unbelievable, Harry.” She started the car and drove away from the airport.

I sighed. “I know I fucked up things with Belle. That’s why I’m here. To make things right. I care about her more than anything, Gemma. She's really special to me. I think I might have fallen for her.”

“Then why did you went on dates with that other girl and spent time with her! It was all over the news and twitter.” Gemma yelled at me. “I know you didn’t ask Belle to be your girlfriend, but you said you were going to.”

The streets lights passing fast made me feel eager to get as fast as I could to Belle’s flat. Nothing but silence could be heard on the car.

“I got scared.” I said, breaking the silence. “I got scared if I asked Belle to be my girlfriend she would regret afterwards. You know how my life is, all the time on the public eye.”

“So what!?” She said irritated. Gemma was really mad at me.

“I’ve never seen you so mad about me not getting a girlfriend.”

“Are you serious, Harry?” The car stopped on the red light. “That’s why I have never seen you like this with any other girl. Belle is different, you just said it! She’s special for you. The way you look at her when you think she’s not paying attention, the way you say her name, they way you talk about her. God Harry! You are more than head over heels for Belle. You’re in love with her.”

Yeah, I do. I love Belle. FUCK! I'm such a dumbass!  All this shit had to happen so I could realise that. 

"Can you fucking move, you asshole!?" I yelled at the car that was in front of us. I pressed the car horn so he hurried up and moved his damn car out of the way.

"God, Harry!" Gemma said. "Calm down."

"I can't calm down and won't calm down until I get to Belle's flat." I said, eager. In matter of seconds I opened the cars door and got out.

"Where are you going Harry!?" My sister yelled at me. 

I didn't answer. Time was precious in cases like this. We weren't that far from my home so I started running. I would get there before than if I stayed on the car.

Please be there. I'm begging you, please be there. Don't leave me.