Chapter 7: Two Talking

They walked silently side by side through the Tricarrier.

It was night, yet the Tricarrier was still alive with activity from the staff. Agents clocked out and switched shifts, jobs were continually carried out, and systems were watched - like the city is glided over, the Tricarrier was never truly asleep.

But, the more important people it held were. Nick Fury, while usually up to the dark hours of the night, clocked in early. The Avengers went back to spend the night in their tower. The teens were all asleep in their bunkers.

Despite the "heroes" being gone, they still needed to be careful. As they walked, they had to lower their voices to near indistinguishable whispers, just to communicate. "Were you successful in delivering the message?" the First one whispered.

"Yes," the other replied.

The First one smiled. "Good, I'd hate for Kraven not to get the news,"

"Of course," the other said.

"I'm surprised with how well this is working out, I was right to take the risk,"

"Yes Sir,"

A chuckle. "And you hardly even understand what you're doing. The irony is amusing,"

"Yes Sir,"

"One last thing before we separate,"

"What is your command?"

"Keep a good eye out for that kid, Iron Spider. You did good with stealing his papers for me, it was just added luck you managed to destroy the rest. I don't want him getting too close to anything, make sure he doesn't stick his nose where it doesn't belong,"

The other stared emotionlessly down the hall, eyes never straying. "Yes Sir,"

"Good. Now, sauros."

The other suddenly jerked back a tad, blinking his eyes rapidly. His eyes lost their glazed look and sharpened into focus. He looked over at the First and scowled. There was hate in those eyes. Uncomprehending to the earlier conversation, the other walked on a head, motioning for the guards further back down the hall to get closer. "Take him," he gestured to the First, "to his cell for the night. You have permission to shoot if he causes any trouble,"

The guards nodded once, guns set to lethal as they led the First farther down the hall. As they passed the other, he and the First made brief eye contact. The First smiled sharply, before turning down a bend and was lost from sight.

Everything was going according to plan.

-------------

Short chapter, I know, but it's relevant. Please don't request for the chapters to be longer in the comments, I made it this short on purpose. It serves the story in this length, okay.

The next chapter will be longer, I promise. ;)

Anyway, pardon my long absence. I just got a puppy!!! ^.^ And I need to get a job, so...

Thanks for reading!!! <3