Chapter 3: Pride Issues

Hey my peeps! Chapter 3, major plot goes in this chappie...enjoy it...

_______

Kazar was bored out of his mind.

Sitting in a room with lab tech and chemical tubes might be fun for some people (*cough Iron Spider cough*). But he needed to move, to fight, to do something aside from sit there on a stool with his head in his hands and his shoulders slumped. The smell of chemicals was beginning to burn his nose too. While Kazar was no stranger to strong scents, having grown up in the Savage lands, he still wasn't used to these kind of crude smells. The worst he's come up against back at the Savage Lands had consisted of swamp gas and monstrous skunk odor; dinosaur poop too - you always had to watch where you stepped.

This smell, however, while it was headache inducing to Kazar, it didn't seemed to bother Amadeus Cho; who was heavy at work at a lab table in front of Kazar; probing and observing different mixed chemicals.

The young boy was wearing a red shirt with the picture of a name-tag with the words Hello, I Am a N.Er.D on it. Only it was "funny" because the word "nerd" was spelled with letters from the periodic table, the names of the chemicals the letter represented was labeled beneath the designated letter.

Kazar didn't get, or even care much, about the joke - all he really knew about it was the story behind that particular shirt. He didn't know too much actually, only that the shirt had belonged to Spider-Man, and that Spidey and Amadeus had fought over it before it had been bought. Kazar was a bit fuzzy on the details, but now Amadeus stole it whenever he wanted to wear it - which was quite often, especially now. Kazar wished he remembered the whole story, it had been amusing to watch those to quabble over it.

He frowned at the thought, hating the worm of sadness that squirmed in his chest whenever he thought about the Infected. Of course Kazar missed his teammates, the ones who were all down in the Academy, but his sadness usually centered mainly on his lost brother, Zabu. They'd never been separated for this long, and the stretch of time was beginning to take a bigger toll on him than he thought it would. It felt like there was a chunk of himself missing with the absence of his brother, and it was getting harder and harder to deal with the missing pieces as each day progressed.

Everyone was feeling the effect of that monstrous gas, Kazar understood that - so he tried not to make a bigger deal about it. He wasn't the only one crippled with worry and heartache for his friends/kin, so he promised himself he'd deal with it like everyone else too.

He only wished he had something to do to take his mind off it.

Amadeus looked pretty wrapped up in his equations and formulas; must've been nice to have a distraction. Kazar has already burned through all the different stages that the training rooms had to offer, and he wasn't scheduled to go out on a patrol through New York until later tonight, so he came down here with Amadeus to both keep him company and to watch his back.

After Wolverine, the mutant who was sent into the Academy to put up surveillance, was caught and imprisoned by Spider, Director Nick Fury had decided to re-enlist the help of the villains he had held in the prison block. They've already done this once before, but after the S.H.I.E.L.D systems failed during an important drop-mission to the Academy, rumors that one of the villains caused it thrived like a bunch of dandelions and Nick Fury decided to cap them all, and they've been hung up in their cells to prevent any further harm or damage ever since. Until now...

They didn't have any real hard evidence that one of the villains did it, but everyone knew that bunch couldn't be trusted.

Anyway, after Wolverine was captured, Nick Fury was grasping at straws. He reenlisted Kraven (a notorious and power-crazy hunter) to watch and observe the Infected to get a good view of the pack's dynamics and intelligence-development. Not too soon after, Doctor Octopus was also taken from his cell and was now working in the labs alongside Tony Stark, Sam Wilson, Bruce Banner, Amadeus Cho, and (sometimes) Dr. Curt Connors. It was only a matter of before one of the other prisoners were pardoned as well.