Chapter 1: Beginning of Something New

Hey guys, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! (to those of you who celebrate it) and to those who don't, MERRY ORDINARY DECEMBER SUNDAY OF THE 25TH! I had planned on updating all of my stories today, only two I had time to finish by today. But I'm gonna try and work on the others today and have those up by tonight. Hopefully, *crossed fingers*

Now, introducing "Animal Instincts Book 2: At War with Monsters" and I decided we'll start things off with a reunion with Spider and his Pack! This goes on right from where we left off from the last book.

Also,

~ ß that means Spider is talking to Peter in his mind.

Now, let's get reading!!!

Spider watched in great satisfaction as Wolverine was dragged away, leaving a trail of blood smearing across the floor and the tangy taste in the air. He inhaled sharply, taking the scent in and felt his mouth water.

The ever-growing hungry sensation rolled through Spiders stomach and he withheld a whine. Cooked meat was just not enough; he craved something more, something...warm, fleshy, and dripping with blood. He was almost tempted to call Squirrel Girl back and eat the infiltrator right there – certainly this Wolverine wouldn't be missed.

But then Spider remembered why he was keeping Wolverine. He needed to watch him, observe, and figure out how these humans worked so he would be better prepared next time they fought. Besides, not only would Wolverine be an interesting thing to watch, he also could prove to be a great chew toy and practice dummy for Spiders pack.

Watching as Wolverine was dragged around away – covered tightly with webs to ensure he wouldn't cause any trouble – Spider turned the opposite direction and walked down the hall toward the rest of his pack. Tiger was crouched by the broken cameras that were scattered on the floor, and was sniffing them curiously. She stopped Spider as he walked past though, with a low growl.

Tiger gently picked up a bigger piece in her teeth, and flung in at Spiders feet. She cocked her head and glanced at the scrap metal, before looking back up at Spider with a confused and expectant look. The arachnid followed her eyes.

"Cameras watch us." Spider told her carefully, "Bad. Enemies."

Tiger gave him an unimpressed look. She clearly didn't understand. Not a word.

Spider sighed but didn't press. He would teach soon, he would teach them all. For now though, he'd have to them in a way she would. He picked up the metal piece and hissed at it imploringly, showing her it was no friend. Tiger merely sniffed the metal in his hand and backed away with an unconvinced upturn of her eyes; the metal didn't look threatening.

Spider hissed at it again, this time crushing the insignificant scrap in his hands. Tiger decided to go with it and growled half-heartedly at the remaining pieces on the floor, before trotting down the hall and out of sight.

She thinks you're crazy. Peter pointed out quietly; his voice was strangely alight with grim amusement. Spider huffed and turned to the rest of his Pack, They might think you're crazy too. No one wants a crazy alpha.

Looking over them, Spider could see looks of hesitance and curiosity. Rhino himself was probing a little piece of metal with his snout. That's okay though, they were just...just...Spider tried to think of the word. He had been learning a lot over the last few days. Unaware...uh...new to this...naïve! Yeah, they were naïve about the situation.

How do you even know what naïve means? Peter demanded.

It was weird; sometimes the words just popped up in Spiders head. He knew they made sense because it just...it just made sense....Spider wasn't entirely sure how it worked yet, but maybe he would eventually.