Honey Moon Part II

Start from the beginning

When we come up to the surface I start coughing as some water went into my mouth.

I feel a strong current pulling me out and I yell for Evan.

He swims over to me and he pulls me out of the current. "Let's find another spot to swim." He pulls me towards the shore.

Once we get to get to a place I can stand I walk back to our stuff.

As I'm about to wrap a towel around me I see three lifesavers run into the water and paddle out to someone that's waving their hands in the air.

Evan looks at me. "Do you want to get a coffee before we go to Manly?"

"Sure,"

Evan wraps his arm around me and we head in the direction of a cafe on the main street.

When we get to the cafe Evan pulls a seat out for me and I sit.

He looks at me. "Do you want a tea or a hot chocolate?"

"Hot chocolate, please. Can you get me a muffin as well?"

"Okay," Evan kisses the top of my head before he enters the cafe.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and see a message from Mom.

Opening the message I read it.

Hey Ari,
         I hope you're having fun in Australia. You forgot to call me when you arrived in Sydney. Did you arrive safely?

I can't believe I forgot to call her. I better get in touch with her asap.

Mom,
     I arrived safely. Evan and I are at the beach enjoying the lovely spring weather. It's hot as hell here and I'm starting to hate being pregnant.

Evan looks at my phone. "Is that you're Mom?"

"Yeah, she's not happy that I forget to message her when we first got here."

A smile spreads across his face. "That's because we didn't have time to think about our parents because we were ready to explore the city and it has heaps to offer us.

"Yes, it does. I'm going to miss this place when we leave."

He looks at the beach. "I won't miss Bondi though. The surf is crazy out there and the current is terrible. No wonder this beach has its own tv show called Bondi rescue."

"How do you know about that?"

He runs his hand through his hair. "I can't here once with a friend and he needed to be rescued when he went swimming without me. I wanted to get to a drink and he didn't want to come back with me. I found out later that night that he had to go to hospital."

Looking at him I say. "And you wanted to go swimming here."

He nods. "I thought it would have been safe even though we were between the flags it didn't help."

I touch his arm. "Nothing bad happened while we were in there." I take a sip of my drink. "Lets head to our next destination."

Evan holds my hand as we walk toward the limo.

The driver steps out of the car and he opens the door for us. "Where are we going now?"

"To Circular Quay. My wife wants us to catch the ferry over to Manly."

The driver smiles. "You're going to enjoy the ferry ride. The ferry is normally packed, so expect to be recognised by some of your fans."

Evan looks in the direction of the black SUV parked close to us. "I have more than enough bodyguards to help me if people start to get too much for us." He pulls out a hat and sunglasses. "I also have these, so we won't be too recognisable by people."

I climb into the limo and then Evan.

The driver shuts the door before he climbs back into the car and starts the engine. He pulls the car out of the parking lot and heads in the direction of Circular Quay.

Evan and I small talk all the way to Quay.

The driver opens the door and he says. "Give me a call when you want me to pick you up."

"Okay," he gives me his business card and I place it in my purse.

Evan holds my hand as we make our way to the ticket booth.

We pay for a return ticket and then walk over to the group of people waiting to the board the ferry.

***