17.

I put the last plate on the kitchen table and when Ari doesn't walk into the room; I decide to wake her up

Walking into the bedroom without knocking I find Ariana with a towel wrapped around her. She's standing at the dresser.

I freeze in my spot and let my eyes roam her body.

She's always had a great body. I was just an idiot for ignoring the way I truly feel about her. I just thought that our friendship was more important than having a relationship with my best friend.

Right now I'm kicking myself for not telling her how I truly felt.

Now, I'm totally screwed with the way things have happened between Bethany and I.

"Can I help you, Evan?" She asks.

I look her in the eye. "I was wondering what time you need me at the office for the photo shoot?"

"Your should come in with me today. I want to get a few shots done with you."

I'm glad that she wants to get photographed with me. I'm looking forward to seeing her in some designer clothes.

A smile spreads across my face. "You want to see if we look great together on a spread don't you? Maybe we could..."

Her mouth drops open as she realises where I was going with it. She picks up a shoe and throws it at me. "That's not going to happen, Evan."

It will happen one day.

I walk over to her. "You never know, sweetheart." I kiss the top of her head. "Hurry up and get dressed. I don't want you're breakfast to get cold." I walk out of the room.

On the table is a plate of pancakes, bacon, eggs, hash brown and toast.

I made an assortment of food as I invited Ari's siblings to have breakfast with us.

She doesn't know that they will be joining us.

***

Ariana pulls the black Audi R8 she's driving into the parking garage of Butler Industries. She heads in the direction of her parking spot and she parks the car.

Ariana and I walk into the building and we walk to her office. She opens the door and moves right over to her desk.

The computer is on and she pulls open the cd rom. She pulls a disc out.