40.

Bethany POV

I heard that Ariana got shot a couple weeks ago and people have been blaming me.

It wasn't me that fired the gun, but a guy that I hired to do a hit on her.

He's been on the run ever since and I've been looking for someone else to do the hit for me.

I have a meeting with a guy this afternoon that's willing to do the job for me.

He won't have a problem getting into the States as he's American too.

I found out about him through my manager.

He used to date Jonathan's sister, until she died a couple years ago.

Jonathan stayed in contact with the guy as he had a niece and nephew that lived with him. He doesn't want to lose contact with the kids that his sister had.

I pick up the straw I have in my hand and I put it on powdery stuff that's on the desk.

Snorting the stuff up my nose.

Jonathan walks into the room at that moment and he pulls me by the arm out of the room. "You shouldn't be using that shit! It's going to ruin your already dwindling career."

I shrug. "I don't care. I'll have Evan pay for everything, I need. All I need to do is the kill the woman that's taking me from him."

He shakes me. "Are you blind, Beth. You have me. You don't need him."

I form fists with my hands. "You don't know what I need, Jon. You're a good lay, nothing else."

Jonathan's face turns red and he shoves me against the wall. "Don't piss me off, Beth."

I shove him off me. "I hate you."

"No, you don't." He slams his lips on mine.

Wrapping my legs around him I let him carry me to the bedroom. He throws me on the bed and crawls on top of me. He nibbles on my ear. "Evan's never going to make you feel as good as me."

***

At 1:30pm, I climb into the black SUV that's parked in front of my place.

The guy keeps his sunglasses on. He doesn't want me to see his face and he has a Los Angeles Cap on his head. He keeps his eyes on the road. "What can I help you with?"

His voice is hard and it sends shivers down my spine.

I'm not sure if this is a good idea to use this guy. He seems deadly without the hit on someone.

"I want you to kill a woman that's causing problems for me. She took my fiancé from me and everyone believes that she's his fiancé. That should be me with him."

"Do you have a photo?"

"Yes," I pull the photo out of my bag and I place it on the seat between us. "The cheque is on the seat too. I'll pay you half now and half when the jobs done."

"I have to go to the States for a while and track her every movement.

"You have two weeks to to know her movements. I will be in the States for Evan's parents party." I open the car door and step out.

He pulls away from the curb.

I write down the number plate of the car and do some research on the guy that I hired to take care of my problem.

He didn't seem like a good guy and I always trust my instincts.

I know I should trust my manager and the people he knows, but with his brother in law it's a different story."