28.

On Sunday I am woken by someone knocking on the door to my bedroom. "Come on." I yell.

The door opens and I see Evan walk in. He walks over to the bed and sits next to me. "Our parents are in the kitchen. They want to have breakfast with us and they have invited our siblings."

Damn, I was hoping to have a relaxing day, but our families here won't make it relaxing at all.

I pout. "Can't we tell them to leave?"

Evan shakes his head. "They're working hard in the kitchen. We don't want all they're hard work to go to waste do we?"

I move around on the bed. "Fine, but give me an extra half hour of sleep before I come down."

The door opens again and I see Mom standing there with a wooden spoon in her hand. "It's time to get out of bed." She walks over to me and starts hitting me with it. "I heard what you said to Evan about kicking us out."

I look at her. "Are you crazy, Mom?"

She hits me again. "Yeah, I am. I never thought that I would hear one of my kids tell their other half to get rid of me."

I sit up in bed and look her. "Mom, I wanted to relax today. How can I do that with everyone in the house?"

She points the wooden spoon at me. "I wanted to surprise my daughter with breakfast and to thank her for getting my other kids a job." She walks over to me and sits on the bed. "You're still tired from the late night you had last night?"

Last night Mom and Dad didn't make it to the reveal as they were in San Francisco. Dad had to fix something at the company there and he's the only one that could do it.

"On the way here your father and I saw the billboards and you look beautiful." She kisses the top of my head. She opens the top draw and she pulls out a piece of paper. "Can I have your autograph? You're famous now."

I laugh and sign the paper. "Do you know what's better than an autograph from your daughter?"

Mom smiles and it lightens her entire face. "A picture with your daughter." Holding my phone out to Evan I say. "Can you take a picture of Mom and I?"

Evan walks over to me and he takes the phone from me. "Say cheese."

"Cheese,"

Evan takes the photo and then he gives me back the phone.

The photo looks great. I send it to Mom. "I just sent you the picture, Mom. Don't post it online. I don't want people to see me with a bad hair day and in my pyjamas."

"I won't. Now, get in the shower. Breakfast will be ready on thirty minutes." She turns towards Evan. "We could use some help in the kitchen."

Evan shakes his head. "I need to help Ariana with the shower."

I cross my arms and look at him. "What's wrong with shower?"

"The door gets stuck when you open it. You have to pull it hard."

Yeah, right.

I can tell he's lying through his teeth. "Bullshit! You're just coming up with things to say so you don't help out." I stick my tongue out at him and gather the things I need for the shower.

Walking into the ensuite I turn towards Evan and say. "Don't burn my waffles."

I shut the door so I don't hear his response.

He's going to be annoyed when I get down there.

I open the shower door that didn't get stuck and adjust the temperature for the shower.

Pulling off my clothes I step into the shower and stand under the shower head.

I pull my head back and the water cascades around me. I close my eyes for a couple of seconds before I put some shampoo in my hair. I comb it through before stepping back under the water.

After the shower I change into a pair of jeans and a singlet with "Bitch" printed across it. And in smaller letters it says. "Beautiful, Intelligent, Talented, Charming, Hell of a woman."

Charlie got me the singlet when she went shopping at a thrift shop. She thought the singlet was perfect for me and she brought it.

It's the first time that I've worn it since Charlie got for me three months ago.

I dry my hair before I comb the knots out and then out my hair up in a bun.

The door to my bedroom is open when I walk out of the bathroom.

Turning around I see someone on my bed and I scream.

Charlie turns around looks at me. "Why did you scream?"

"I wasn't expecting to see you on the bed. I thought that Evan and Mom didn't close my bedroom door. You were sitting silently on my bed and you didn't say a word."

"Sorry," she walks over to me. "Breakfast is nearly ready. Mom and Mrs Wilson sent me to get you."

The door to the bedroom is flung open and Evan has a spatula in his room. "Where's the burgalar?"

I laugh. "There's no burglar, Evan. What are you going to do with the spatula? Swat him to death."

Charlie and I laugh.

He glares at me. "This was the first thing that I could grab when I heard you scream."

I shove Charlie. "You swat her. She was the one that made me scream. She was sitting on my bed and I wasn't expecting anyone to be here."

Evan walks over to Charlie and he hits her on the arm.

"Ouch," she yells.

"Baby," I walk out the door laughing.

Charlie is rubbing her arm when she catches up to me. "Why didn't you protect your little sister from, Evan?"

Shrugging I look at her and say. "Maybe, next time you won't scare someone in their own bedroom."

She looks between Evan and I. "If you two are engaged. Why aren't you sharing a bed?"

I look at Evan in hope that he will answer the question for me and he looks away. "Evan's a snores. All night I hear him and I can't get any sleep."

I make snoring noises and Charlie starts to laugh.

"That's terrible sleeping with someone that does that." Her face starts to heat up. "I used to sleep with a guy that snored. He was great in the sack, but terrible when you wanted to sleep. He sounded like a semi. I kicked him a number of times. He would stop and then about a minute later he continued. One night I taped it for him and showed him the next the day. Do you know what happened to the best lay of my life?"

"What?" Evan asks.

"He never came back. Maybe, it had something to do with the video I had of him." She gets a far away look on her face thinking about the guy.

Evan places his hand over his heart. "That's touching." He walks into the kitchen and helps our mother's bring everything into the dining room where everyone is seated.

***