Waking Evan

One Week Later

The police in Nashville have decided that I can leave Tennessee and head back to California.

They arrested Bethany and she won't be causing any problems for me.

I was told that she was going to get psychiatric help and that she may be unfit to spend any time in jail.

I just hope the help she'll get will make her better.

I don't want to think that she's completely evil and the reason why she did all this to me is because she can.

Hans knocks on the door. "Are you ready to go home, Ariana?"

"Yes, I am."

There's a knock on the door and Hans tells me that he'll get the door.

I hear my brothers voice. "Can we see Ariana, please."

Hans turns in my direction and I shake my head. "Come in." He opens the door.

I step into the room behind me.

Hans walks into the room and he looks at me. "You need to stop being childish. They're your brothers and they love you. They didn't have a chance to plan things out properly when it came to Bethany. Jen is with your brother if that helps."

I throw my hands in the air. "Fine." I walk out of the room.

Brad and Jen are sitting on the couch.

Brad stands. "Sis, I want to apologise for everything I've put you through. I don't want to lose you like I lost my daughter. Life is too short for you to do this to me."

Jen touches his arm. "Give her time. She will come around."

He looks at her. "Will she?"

I take a step toward him. "I will come around, Brad."

"Mom called last night. She was pissed at what we did to you and she yelled at Shawn and I for 1/2 an hour. I have never heard her that angry before."

Crossing my arms I ask. "Can you blame her?"

He shake his head. "No, I would have been the same if it was my child's brothers hurting their sister."

"Jen are you going back to Los Angeles with Brad?"

She nods. "Yes, I want to get to know him again and possibly start dating him again."

A smile spreads across my face. "I'm glad you found each other again. Even if it's under bad circumstances. The both of you deserve to be happy."

"Thanks, Ari." She walks over to me. "There's someone out there that wants to talk you. He's been their since last night."

"How do you?"

Brad looks at me. "We went to his room to invite him out for dinner, but he wasn't there. We checked this hotel and found him outside you're door. He told us that he wasn't going to leave until you saw."

"Hans," I yell.

He walks into the room. "What's the problem?"

"Did you know someone was sleeping on the floor outside our room?"

He laughs. "Yes, I thought the guy would have found his way to his room after midnight."