House Warming Party Part II

Start from the beginning

We carry the chest into the house and up the stairs.

As we pass the baby's room I see a huge giraffe in the room, being placed next to chest.

Knox looks into the room as he passes. "Look like they're having fun in that room."

I nod. "Some of the things won't be staying. Knowing Ariana she's going to tell them to give something to Charlie."

He looks at the ground. "Charlie's spoken fondly of them, but it doesn't seem they feel the same about her."

"They don't. They've been trying to impress Ari for a long time. She hates it though. She's been telling them for years that they've got another sister that they can talk to, but for some reason they think she's too young for them to talk too."

"We're they excited about Charlie having a baby?"

"No, they weren't."

We put the chest in the room.

Knox puts his hand in the chest and looks at me. "I think everything was overshadowed with Charlie because Ariana's life was at risk by Bethany. Now, that things are calmed, maybe they will do something for Charlie."

"I hope so. Charlie deserves the spotlight at times."

My phone starts to ring and a private number appears on the screen. "I have to take this." I walk out the door and answer the phone.

Me: Hello, this is Evan Wilson.

Voice: My name is Doctor Collins and I'm a psychologist at Hemings Way Psychiatric Center.

Me: How did get my number?

Doctor Collins: I got this number from Bethany's father.

I'm not interested in talking about that girl. She's in the past. While Ariana is my future.

Me: I'm not going to see her.

Doctor Collins: Can you give me a minute to talk?

Me: No, I can't do that.

Doctor Collins: I called your fiance and she said the same. I think it's best that you come and get closure.

Me: I don't feel comfortable with that. If my fiancé changes her mind, then I'll go with her. If she's not then I won't be there. Thanks for calling.

I end the call.

Why would Bethany's father give him my number? I've never met Bethany's father.

When Bethany and I were together she stopped mentioning him after he got re-married.

From that day she was with me all the time and once we graduated she had a job as a model to do, so she never had to worry about making money.

Shawn walks out of the room and he doesn't look happy. He looks at me. "Did you get a call from a Doctor Collins?"

"Yes, I just got off the phone to him."

"Do you know if he called Ariana?"

"He called Ariana and she told him that she wasn't going."