Chapter 17: Little Did She Know

Start from the beginning

He looked up from his laptop. "What?"

"I'm leaving to meet with a friend then go home."

"Are you sure you don't want me to drive you to your destination?" He asks.

"No need to worry, I can manage." I sighed and rolled my eyes. "As if you didn't taught me how to drive."

"Alright. Be careful."

"Yes, I will."

I bid my goodbye to him then went straight to the nearest cafè. I sat near window, as what some clichè scenarios do.

What? I felt serenity here so no offence.

Suddenly a waiter came over to ask for my order.

"Good afternoon. What is your order, ma'am?"

"Umm... I'll have (favorite coffee/tea)."

"Is that all, ma'am?"

I nodded.

"Okay, thank you."

Then the waiter left. I scrolled on my phone waiting for Hanji and Erwin to come. I'm sure no one will be interrupted since this was a private café where almost all of the popular personalities stopping by to buy whatever they want here.

I tapped my messaging app and the first contact revealed.

Levi. No message 36 hours ago...

I sighed in defeat. Why would he message me after what happened yesterday? Anyway, I'm sure he's too busy just to send a little message for his frienemy neighbor...

Just a minute later, I saw Hanji and Erwin parked in front of the cafè and enetered the shop....

Holding Hands?!

I waved to them and as they saw me. Hanji literally ran to me and hugged me so tight.

"(Y/n)! I've missed you!" She almost crashed my bones.

"H-hanji... C-can't bre-athe..."

She let go of me and faced me revealing her wide grin and gorgeous face.

"I'm sorry, (r/n)! I just can't resist that it's been a while since I've saw you..." Hanji and Erwin sat across me.

"It's fine." I chuckled. "I did missed the both of you too, of course."

A waiter came to our table to serve my drink so Hanji and Erwin took it as a chance to order as well. After the waiter left, I took a sip on my drink.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" Hanji asked. "Hm?"

"Before I could answer that. Explain why, you." I pointed at her while smirking. "And Erwin were holding hands? Did I missed something?"

Hanji blushed a bit as well as Erwin but he looked away, a little embarrassed.

"Okay, fine." Hanji sighed in defeat. "We're officially dating."

I almost squealed in joy about what I've heard but I need to keep my mouth shut or else.

"Oh my gosh! Congratulations!" I half yelled.

"Hey, it's not like were married or something. But anyway, thanks." Erwin scratched his nape.

I chuckled at his response.

"So now, it's your turn, (r/n)." Hanji said.

As where everything goes. If there's a good news, there's always bad news. But I don't consider it bad news that much. I just don't feel like it was a good news to me.