An Interruption

It was 6pm on a Thursday afternoon, meaning it was Luna's mid shift break from the roller. She spent most of her breaks trying to get in as much studying as possible. Or at least that's what she keeps trying to tell herself. Although that's what she usually starts doing. But then 5 minutes in, she starts thinking of a dance move and suddenly she has spent her entire break choreographing a new sequence for a completion routine. That's just a normal break on a normal basis for Luna.

As she "prepares" her text books for "studying" today, she pulls out the paper bag of snacks her mom makes her everyday. Today she made Luna a bunch of mini bite cupcakes. And chocolate, none the less. Luna's favorite. Her eyes lit up at the site of the delicious delicacies. One after another, Luna begins stuffing her face with mini cupcakes, eating them really almost without biting them.

Suddenly Luna hears Juliana's voice from around the corner approaching the break room. She is still holding a cupcake in her hand and does not know where to dispose of it. She clears everything out of the way and shoves the cupcake into her mouth. Right as she does that, Juliana enters with Matteo right beside her. "Luna, there you are! I've been looking all over for you!" Juliana huffs.

Luna tries so hard to swallow the cupcake in her mouth without making it extremely obvious, but it's too much. She is so close to choking. She can't speak so she just gives a puffed grin, chocolate seeping through. Both Juliana and Matteo can clearly see it. Julia continues, trying not to show too much disgust,  "Anyways, I just hired Matteo here as a new Roller assistant. He'll be working the juice bar. Everyone is rehearsing for the Roller Band, so I need you to show him how everything works. Okay, I'm out." And so Juliana proceeds, leaving Matteo with a full faced Luna, who Matteo is trying so hard not to laugh at.

Luna just signals a hand to hold while she grabs a napkin. She turns her back towards him while she discreetly spits out the cupcake into the napkin and quickly throws it into the trash and quickly wipes her mouth.

"So boss, is my first task to stuff a cupcake in my mouth just like you did?" Matteo teases her. Luna sticks her tongue out at him like a child. "Shut up, Chico Fresa," she rolls her eyes at him. "Why are you even working here now anyway?" She asked him curiously.

He stares at the floor, as if he is searching for his answer there. He then looks back up more seriously this time. "Well, I decided that I want to stay in Buenos Aires after all. Not in Oxford. Of course my dad won't approve of it. Or fund it really. So I'm working to stay here," he pauses for a brief moment. "For us."

Luna doesn't know what exactly to say now. She looks around the room nervously, trying to focus on anything to distract her from blushing. "Uh...-oh yeah let's get started." She changes the subject. He looks slightly disappointed, but follows her lead.

They both step behind the bar. Luna starts grabbing random ingredients, the blender, strips, etc. She sets them up all in front of Matteo for his lesson. "Your job is made up of 3 elements: Make, Serve, and Clean. The last two are easy. Making drinks isn't necessarily hard, but we have our own special recipes for our menu. Add one wrong measurement or ingredient, everything goes in flames." Luna warns Matteo with a stern look. He looks intimidated already but nods his head in understanding.

Luna shows him each recipe and makes a sample of each. Most of them were already orders and she sends Matteo to deliver them. He delivers each order without a spill or breaking a glass (which should be normal, but to Luna who breaks nearly everything it is not to her).

After teaching him everything, she makes him make an order for Ámbar. He adds in the right ingredients and measurements and Luna is impressed that is until he tries to turn it on. "Uh, how do you start this thing again?" He turns and asks. She rolls her eyes as he should know this by now. Right before she presses the button he gasps, "The lid!" Luna widens her eyes in fear. He quickly adds the lid to the blender and Luna sighs in relief. "How did you nearly forget the lid?!?" She asks him. He shrugs and points it back to her, "yeah okay I know, but at the same time you were about to turn it on without realizing it either. You're not the only guilty one here." He smirks at her in defeat.

She rolls her eyes. He was right though. "Ok whatever. Anyways, this is how you turn it on." She shows him the buttons to press. As she is pointing with her fingers, he places his hands over hers from
behind, distracting her from what she was doing. She turns around to see his face better. Big mistake. He is looking down into her eyes, full of passion and lust. They sparkle so brightly, but they are so clear at the same time. She never noticed how deep and rich and brown they were. She never knew how much they had an effect on her. It was like it was her new favorite color.

She turns back around as quickly as possible breaking the trance. "Um, you uh.... you-you press.....uh here." She uses his hand to motion. "And then you hold, um here." She presses his finger to another button. She holds him there, watching the contents in the blender chop up into slush. It seemed like it was a long while before it finished. She lets his hands go and grabs the blender. She hands it off to him without looking so he can pour it in the glass. She sends him off to deliver it and uses the opportunity to breathe and refocus.

She can't believe what Matteo had done. It was so unprofessional. But at the same time she was so breath taken and allured. It was so confusing. Her feelings were messing with her. Badly. She didn't know what to do.

She was pulled out of her thoughts when Matteo comes back baring an empty tray and setting it underneath. "Okay, is that all?" He asks Luna with a smug grin. She answers back, "uh yeah, that's all your training I think. I have to get back to work now." She excuses herself to leave when he pulls her back by her elbow.

"Hey what time are you off at?" Matteo asks as he bites his lip, which drives her crazy. This makes her response delayed by a few seconds, "uh 9, why?" He smiles, "well I get off at 9 too. I can walk you home if you'd like."

She had trouble processing it, not sure if she had heard correctly. He wanted to walk her home was what he had said. Like alone. There were many possible outcomes of what could happen. But all of them didn't seem like a bad idea to Luna. This time she smiles confidently back at him, sure of what she is saying, knowing her exact intentions. "Yeah, I'd like that."

Matteo smiled even wider this time. "Great. Meet me at the locker rooms then." "Okay." Luna turns back around and walks back to her shift, grinning like an idiot.

She may have had her doubts before about it. But this time, she is willing to take the risks, the falls the jumps. Because this boy wasn't just anyone. She loved him. More than she had ever loved anyone before. Heck she didn't even understand love before him. But she had him now, and she didn't want to let that go. Not now. Not ever.