An Anniversary

Luna knew her boyfriend was crazy already. She already knew he would climb the furthest heights, travel the longest seas, jump off the highest bridge. But never did she think he would actually climb into her bedroom in the middle of the night like he said he was going to. But now here she is, trying to pull Matteo through her bedroom window before he falls two stories down.

When he successfully enters the window, he plops by the edge of her bed smirking at her while Luna just stares at him in disbelief. "You idiot, why are you here so late?!" Luna whisper yelled at him. He recounted her argument, "what, I told you I was coming but you didn't listen. I wanted to be here when it turned midnight." Luna gave him a stern look, but Matteo leaned over and kissed her softly.

Today marked their one year anniversary together. They had both been strategically planning surprises for each other all month for the special occasion. Climbing through his girlfriend's window at midnight had been one of them.

When he pulled away, he kept his forehead on hers. "Happy Anniversary my love." Luna couldn't help but melt into a smile. Yeah, he shouldn't have done that since her parents could hear and walk in, but how could she be completely mad when he did such a romantic gesture?

Matteo pulls something out of his pocket and hides it behind his back. " Close your eyes" Luna sighs in frustration. "My present for you isn't ready yet that's not fair." Matteo lightly chuckles, " hey it's okay, I can wait. But I wanted to give one of yours now. Close your eyes." Luna does so and Matteo takes her hands and drops a pendant into them and closes her hands with his. "You can open them now."

Luna opens her eyes and gasps. It's two golden charms, one of a pizza slice and one of a strawberry. Luna giggles at the symbols. They were so silly but ultimately meant the world to them. "Wow they're beautiful, thank you." Luna cups his face with her hands and kisses him.

Only this time it lasts a while longer. Really long. He begins to push her down slowly on her bed. They should probably stop in case someone comes in. But can't seem to find the ability to stop with all of their will power. He hovered over her, hands by either side of her head. She pushes her hands through his hair and pulls at it making him groan. He trails kisses down her jaw and neck to her shoulders making Luna squirm a bit. He goes back and finds her lips, his hand trailing to the hem of her shirt. 

She fumbles with the buttons of his shirt. They both giggle when he sees her struggling. He undoes the rest and throws it to the corner of her bed, his lips never leaving hers. Her hands slide from around his neck down to the chest and to his back, clawing red marks into his skin. His hands slide down her figure to underneath her shirt, rubbing circles into her hips with his thumb, inching the fabric up little by little. 

Her top reaches just below her breasts when Luna pulls away and puts a hand on his chest, "I think that's enough for today." Matteo makes a pout and Luna quickly pecks him just to make him happier. He plops down beside her and she puts her head on his chest so they can lie down together, breathing heavily from their extremely heated moment. Matteo begins to softly brush her hair with his fingers. They lie in complete silence for a while.

Luna is playing with the rings on his fingers when he starts silently laughing out of nowhere, and she feels the rumbling from his chest behind her head. She turns her head up at him, "what are you laughing at?" she asks. He shakes his head while still laughing at whatever he was thinking about. "Nothing," he calms a bit. "Just remembering how we were over a year ago. How you wouldn't speak to me for the longest time." Luna starts chuckling at the memory as well. "oh yeah. oh, what a time that was." "Yeah," he responds, then looks down into her eyes. "but I'm glad we got over that. or else I wouldn't be the person I am today without you." Luna feels herself blush in the darkness. "yeah. I'm glad." He waits for a beat before saying, "I love you. You know that right?" Luna grabs his cheeks and presses a soft kiss to his lips. "Of course I do, I love you too." 

He a hugs her a bit tighter, pulling her closer. Listening to the beat of his heart. Soon they both begin to drift to sleep, forgetting what could happen if they were caught. They, however, find themselves waking up at 5 in the morning to the sound of a rooster from a farm not far from the mansion. The sun is hardly peeking through it's so early. Luna rubs the eyes from her sleep and quickly realizes Matteo was still there. "Matteo! Matteo!" She whispers yells and shakes him awake. He begins to stir but she shushes him.

"You have to go. We can't get caught in here together!" Matteo begins to whine and pulls Luna closer to him. "Noo, I wanna stay with you." Luna secretly smiles. As much as neither of them wanted to leave each other's presence. They had to move quickly. "I know but we have to okay come on." She unwraps his arms from around her and they sit up straight. Luna opens up her window again. He crawls on the bed and buttons up his shirt again and hops outside the railing and sits on the roof perch.

Luna pulls her arms around his neck and hugs him goodbye. "Thank you for last night and present. I love it." "And I love you", Matteo says right before pressing another kiss on her lips. They pull away once again and Luna sends Matteo off the climb down. "I'll see you tonight." Luna waves, "see you tonight."

She watches him climb down and make his way around the house to the street. She closes her window and climbs bake into bed, falling asleep again clutching the charms in her hand and smiling.