47. Nightmare

Clarke's pov

Right now we're sitting in a church waiting for Octavia to come out. Oh yeah to day is the wedding and right now I'm standing in line on Octavia's side considering I'm her maid of honor. Next to me is two of her close friends Harper and Fox and as her flowers girl she has Katie and she is loving everything from her hair to her dress and the last the shoes. Raven is on the other side with Lexa as her best man or woman whatever you want to call her and then it's Anya and then Kayla and for the ring boy well we didn't really know anyone who's young so we put Octavia's friends boyfriend as the ring boy his name is Monty. Raven looks great she has on a nice suit and all her best people have on nice dress shirts with nice pants and a vest over the shirts. Octavia's dress is beautiful too and the dress we're wearing are beautiful too. We hear the music start to play and there she comes with Bellamy walking her down and you can see he is trying really hard not to cry, but once he gets to the end of the aisle and looks at his sister and see she is crying, he starts to cry too. Raven comes down and takes Octavia hand and walks back up with her and then the wedding begins.

Once everything is said and done the preacher says 'you may now kiss the bride' and Raven waist no time, and after they kiss there walking out song comes on and the walk out and then it's me and Lexa, after us it's harper and Anya, then Fox and Kayla and last Katie and Monty. After we all walk out we all meet up and go and enjoy the rest of the wedding.

After we have some fun and the girls have fun we say our goodbyes and congratulations and we head on home . Once we get there we all go in and change clothes and get ready for bed. After we say goodnight to the girls, me and Lexa go to our room to get some sleep but what we didn't expect was too be woken up at 2:00 in the morning by......

Lexa pov

After the wedding we went home and the girls went straight to bed, we were all super tired. After we told the girls goodnight me and Clarke went and got in bed Alex jumped up on the bed and laid down at the foot and went to sleep. Me and Clarke fell asleep and we were planning on waking up until morning.

Then all of a sudden I'm awaken by screaming, I jump out of bed and Clarke is up too.  I run out into the hall way and Katie is in the hallway.

"Katie are you okay what going on" I ask her and she looks sad and scared at the same time.

"It's Kayla she's having a nightmare" she says and I can see Clarke walk into Kayla's room. I take Katie's hand and we walk in too. Clarke is trying to wake Kayla up.

"Kayla, Kayla sweet heart Kayla" Clarke says and Kayla jumps forward and she is breathing heavily and she looks at Clarke. Then she jumps into her arms and starts sobbing into her shoulder. Clarke is holding her and is telling her that is okay and that she is safe. I feel something pulling on my arm. I look down and see Katie telling me to come with her so I do. We go out in the hallway and I bend down so I'm even with her.

"She hasn't had one of these since we were in the child protective services place, and it wasn't even this bad" she says.

"Katie what are the nightmares about" I ask.

"There about her past, she dreams about what our dad did to her and how he would hit and scream at her, while our mom just watched, she dreams about fighting and hurting all of those kids, she never wanted to hurt them but she knew if she didn't that our dad would have hurt her" she said. I was so pissed and all I wanted to do was kill that man, but I knew I couldn't. So I told Katie to go and get me a glass of water. She nodded and walked down stairs and Alex followed her. I walk into Kayla's room and see Clarke is still holding her but she has stopped crying. I walk over to the other side of the bed and sit next to her.

"Katie told me about the nightmares, what was this one about" I ask her and she just sits up and starts to tell us.

"We were all in the from yard, me and mama were kicking the soccer ball around and Katie was on the swing while mom pushed her and Alex was trying to get the soccer ball from us and-" she stopped and looked at us with tears in her eye. This was the first time she referred to me and Clarke as mom and mama. Katie comes in and gives me the glass of water. I thank her and hand it to Kayla and she takes a drink and then continues.

"And then a truck pulls up and Jason, Kelly, and Costia get out and Jason has  a gun and he walks over to us and he starts yelling and saying bad things and was demanding for us back and mom was yelling at him to leave or she would call the cops and he yelled at her so mama ran up to him and then he shot her and then mom screams and me and Katie our screaming and then he shoots mom and Costia runs over and grabs Katie and puts her in the truck and Jason comes over to me and he starts hit and yelling at me and I'm screaming and crying and then that's when I woke up and you guys were here and I realized you guys are okay" she says and is crying a little right now and so is Katie. I pull Katie over and rap my arms around both of them and so does Clarke. ( PS Jason is there dad, Kelly is there mom and Costia is well there aunt as you know) We pull apart and I see that Kayla is shaking.

"Kayla why are you shaking" I ask.

"What if the nightmare is a sign, a sign saying we're not supposed to be here, what if you guys get hurt I don't want that's to happen, I don't want to lose you guys, you guys are the best thing that has happened to us and we don't want to lose you and we don't want you guys to get hurt because of us or me" she says and Clarke is shaking her head and so am I.

"Kayla nothing is going to happen, me and Clarke are fine and we promise you that nothing will happen to us and nothing is going to happen to you two either, because when I married Clarke I vowed to keep my family safe and you two our apart of my family so I vow to keep you two safe too" I say  and they both jump and hug me and I smile and look over and pull Clarke into the hug too.  After we get done hugging, Clarke tells the girls that they are going to sleep in our room with us tonight. The girls didn't argue with it they just jumped up and and ran into our room. Who knew a 13 year old and 6 year old could change our lives so much and to thing we have two more on the was. I can't believe how lucky I got to have such a great family and I vow to protect them with my life.

Here's another chapter, I hope you like it and comment what you think and vote 👋 bye