43. New York again

Lexa pov

Today I'm flying out to New York to see how things are going and Clarke is not coming with me. We want to be safe and make sure nothing happens to the babies. I'll be gone for about four days and then I'll be back.

"I wish you were going with me, I don't like being away from you can the babies" I say rubbing her belly and she smiles at me.

"We'll be fine and you'll be back in four days" she says and I smile. I really don't want to leave, I hate leaving her.

I finish packing and go outside to see my taxi and Clarke standing there looking like she's about to cry.  I drop my suitcase and walk over to her and pull her into a hug.

"Clarke say the words and I won't go, I'll stay here with you" I say and she smiles and shakes her head no.

"No, you need to go, I've just gotten use to you being here but I now you'll be back in four days" she says and I give her a sad smile. I lean down and kiss her and we hug one more time before I get in the taxi and drive away. I look back and see Clarke standing there waving, I smile to myself.

"Is that your girlfriend" the taxi driver ask.

"No, she's my wife" I say.

"Oh well you two seem very happy" she says and smiles.

"We are thank you" I say and he nods and the rest of the way is silent.

Clarke pov

Lexa has been gone an hour and I miss her so much. It's so different without her here.  No one is in the gym workout or in the office. She's usually here rubbing my belly or back and massaging my feet. We're usually sitting on the couch watching TV or in bed cuddling. God I miss her so much right now. I was pulled out of my thoughts by a knock on the door. I get up and go an answer it. When I open it I see a woman and the Two girls who gave us Alex.

"Hi I'm Jessie and you already know my daughters" she says and I nod.

"Well I'm going out of town for a week and my sister can't come down until Friday, which is four days from now and the girls said you and your wife were really nice, so I was wondering would you mind watching Katie  and Kayla until my sister comes please" she says.

"I don't know" I say.

"I'll pay you" she says and I look to the two girls.

"OK I guess I can watch them, they don't look like bad kids" I says and she smiles and tells the girls to be good and that there aunt will be here in four days. I let the girls in and show them where there staying.

"OK so let's get to know each other" I say and they nod.

"I'll go first, I'm Clarke and I'm 24 years old, I'm working on becoming a doctor, I'm married to my wife who is in New York right now and we have a dog that we got from you guys and his name is Alex" I say and they nod and Katie goes next.

"I'm Katie and I'm 12 years old, my favorite color is red and I love mac and cheese, and my favorite movie is Frozen, I have a cat named fluffy and he is very fat" she says and I smile, she is adorable and now Kayla goes.

"I'm Kayla and I'm 15 years old, I like music and hang with my friends, my favorite color is green, I like pizza, I have a dog name Maddie and she is Alex's mom" she says and I smile she is pretty simple, but cool.

After we get to now each other I go and order pizza and make some mac and cheese for us to eat. Right now there on the couch watching Netflix, so I go up stairs to call Lexa and tell her what I'm doing.