15

Juvia P.O.V

After an uneventful few periods of the day and lunch, I walk to math. As I walk in I see Gray reading one of the basic level text books. When he hears my footsteps I see the guilt in his eyes. The bell rings and I sink into my disgustingly hard seat. The lesson begins and I take my notes as fast as possible. I dive into my work until a tap on my shoulder. I look over and see Gray looking at me. 

"Can I borrow a pencil?" He asks. I blink, remembering the first time he asked that. I shrug and find one in my cluttered pencil case. He takes it and I see him put the pencil in his pocket. I raise an eyebrow as he takes a pencil out of his desk and rips a corner off of his paper. I see him scribble some words down before he passes the small and wrinkled paper to me.                                    

"I'm so sorry Juve," The letter read. I looked and him as I bit my lip. His eyes held guilt, his cheeks were sucked in and his chin was quivering. I closed my eyes as I took a deep breath.                    

 "Prove it," I wrote. As he looked at the letter I saw the familiar shine of hope in his eyes. He fumbled to rip another corner off of his paper. I smiled as he was obviously trying to rip the corner off as neatly as possible. Once he successfully ripped the paper he wrote as fast as humanly possible.                                                                                                                                                                                

"Meet me on the roof tomorrow during lunch," I read after he almost threw the paper at me. I look over to him. That same shine of hope was in his eyes only slightly brighter than before. I hoped he saw the shine in my eyes as I hastily wrote my response before passing the neat paper back.                                                                                                                                                                                        

 Am I stupid  

That's up for debate  

Is this your way of asking me on a date?  

 If what I think is true     

Well, I would say yes to nobody other than you