"We need to avoid a fight because it will only attract more of them." Luca gives me a patronizing look as if I'm some hot-blooded fool who has no brains. C'mon, I'm not that careless. I give him an identical look to show that he's being a complete jerk. He turns back around to lead us to that medical bay. 

"Sorry." I whisper to Rob.

"Whatever for?"

"All of this?"

"Don't apologize for something you're not the cause of."

"But if I didn't..."

"Hey. Stay alert." Luca crouches behind a wall as he looks ahead. "We are almost there. It's the door at the end of the hall. I won't be able to tell if there is anyone there until the last second."

"You and Luca go ahead. I'll wait here until the coast is clear. I'll only slow you down." I offer. 

"Sounds good." Luca nods.

Rob, however, is hesitant about leaving me behind. 

"I have this." I wave the gun in my hand. "I'll be fine. Hurry back." Immediately after they leave, I slump to the ground next to some of the rubble. I really appreciate what feet do for the body. They really support you and keep you in balance. I find myself tripping and slipping due to the wound. 

Gosh, I'm really tired from this entire thing. My eyelids droop heavily, but I fight against it. Agonizingly, I get up and the pain wakes me back to awareness. 

"Let's go." Rob comes back and carries me into the ward. Like everywhere else, the lights are broken and flicker dimly. There are some bodies strewn on the ground. I look away because I don't want to see their faces. I wonder if that lady with the long scar is here. I never really got her name nor figured out whether she was actually a doctor. I also don't know if she's on my side or not. However, she seems capable in defending herself so I think she's still alive and kicking. Perhaps I'll ask about her to Luca. 

Rob props me onto a medical bed. Then, Luca comes in with two vials filled with a clear liquid. "These should heal your wounds. I only found two unbroken vials. The rest were all broken from the explosion." 

"How man vials do we need to heal this thing? And what's in it?" I am tired of having questionable substances inserted into me without my consent. That's what she said. I grin a little bit at my hilarious joke. 

That earns me a worried look from both Rob and Luca. They must think I'm going crazy from the blood loss. Me too.

"It increases the healing processes in your body. It's another one of Lucian's fun experiments." He explains before telling me to hold still. "You're going to need two of these to heal that wound in your foot. Usually, you're only supposed to use one vial at a time, but we are in a tight situation." 

"Wait." Rob stops him. "And what happens if you use more than one vial."

Luca hesitates, "It depends on the person. You can have reactions."

"What type of reactions?" Rob gets defensive and steps in front of me. 

"Like I said, it depends on the person. In most cases, it increases the healing capacity twice as much. In some cases, there are side effects. I can't guarantee she will not have side effects."

"Let's do it" I state. 

"Jax." Rob wants to stop me.

"I may not be able to use my foot properly ever again. I'm not stupid. The bullet may have shattered some of the bones in my foot, but at least it went cleanly through. If I fight in this condition, then you and I both know I have less chance of surviving." I steadily gaze at Luca. "Do it."