16: Pain, Suffering and Selflessness

Start from the beginning

"You're going to show us the antidote, or you're gonna wish you had" Bellamy threatened before tearing Lincoln's shirt open, and turning to the wall. I watched, frozen in place as he tore another belt from the seat and wrapped one end round his hand. He struck Lincoln across the chest, and I felt mine tighten at the sound. Lincoln's legs gave way and he groaned in pain, not saying a word. Bellamy struck Lincoln again, and again. The outcome not changing, only his wounds getting worse and more common.

Once Bellamy realised that Lincoln was not going to cave to his whipping, he walked away. I watched as Bellamy paced around the room, his anger growing more and more. "Atom, Trina, Pascal, Mbege, Diggs, Roma" He was listing off those who had died because of the grounders, and their actions. "Charlotte" he whispered, remembering the girl they had lost. "Lib" he choked out, louder than the rest, everyone turned to him, confused. He picked up a hook that had broken off one of the chairs and span quickly, forcing it through Lincoln's hand. I turned away, closing my eyes as Lincoln muffled his own groans. I quickly looked back to watch Clarke and Octavia turn away, Lincoln looked up to me and nodded slightly. He was okay. I wasn't.

"What's taking so long, he stopped breathing" Raven called up, getting a shocked response from Clarke. "he started again, but next time, he might not" she added, before Clarke could leave.

"He won't tell us anything" Clarke explained, and I watched as Raven scanned the room, I shook my head, no more. Please.

"Wanna bet?" Raven challenged before walking to the cables at the side of the room, I watched, not sure what she was going to do.

"What are you doing?" Bellamy asked, for once seeming to be the reasonable one, he had his outburst, now he was thinking clearly. I nodded to Lincoln, he would be okay. I will make sure of it. Lincoln shook his head lightly and I rolled my eyes, ever the hero. Not wanting to be saved.

"Showing him something new" Raven replied shortly, before tearing out some cables and sparking them off one another. Lincoln looked to me, scared. I looked away, tears welling. He couldn't stand this... grounders can't prepare for this... I watched as he shook, trying with the little energy he had, to escape. Before raven pressed the cables to his torso. I held back a scream as I watched Lincoln spasm within his restraints. Raven pulled back and Lincoln gasped for air. "Which one is it?" She demanded before putting the cables back onto him. I shook my head, tears falling before quickly wiping them with the back of my hand and silently lowering myself down behind everyone.

Lincoln opened his eyes the next break and saw me standing behind everyone, I picked up a pole then ran towards Raven. Someone screamed and suddenly I felt my legs give out under me. Suddenly my muscles spasmed and I felt an undying heat course through my body. Lincoln roared out and I felt the cables get removed. Raven stared at me, anger in her face while Octavia held back her arms.

"Storm?" Octavia asked, looking at me, with my face paint and new attire. I nodded weakly before getting up, well aware of the throbbing pain in my leg and the blood that was now seeping from the wound. I took Lincoln's face in my hands and looked over him

"Out of the way storm" Clarke ordered. "we need to save Finn"

"Lincoln couldn't tell you even if he wanted to" I barked back to her, she stepped back and I turned to Lincoln who was looking down to my injured leg.

"Feya" He whispered weakly.

"What did he say" Bellamy ordered, I turned to him and raised an eyebrow.

"Fire, it was a nickname he gave me, the flame, the fire. I was a fiery warrior bellamy, seem familiar? Or did you forget that I've always had nicknames?" He flinched at the jab, knowing I heard what he had called Clarke.

"Lincoln" I turned back to him and pulled off my shirt, bunching it up and using it to stop the bleeding from his lip.

"I hate to break up the love fest... but my boyfriend is dying because of your grounder pounding ex" Raven directed to Bellamy who stomped forwards with the knife in hand. I rolled my eyes,what was he going to do, stab Lincoln. He would die before telling them, even if he knew. Suddenly I felt myself getting pulled backwards and I let out a yelp of pain. Bellamy's arm wrapped around my torso and the blade pressed against my throat.

"em will nou do em" I told Lincoln who looked scared for me.

"In English Ember" Bellamy growled and I looked to him from the corner of my eye, nothing but rage in my face.

"em ste ste in hodnes kom me" Lincoln nodded and I felt bellamy's grip tighten though his hand shook.

"Clarke, Raven! Something's happening" someone shouted, and I gasped. Remembering Finn below, lying in a bed dying, because of me.

"Lincoln..." he looked to me and I nodded. "feya" I told him, knowing that was what I had always called the flower, it's gradient of red to yellow always reminded me of a flame. He nodded, understanding, before blinking three times. "Third from the left. Go save Finn and tell him I'm sorry" raven and Clarke snatched the vial before running down the hatch. I felt bellamy's grip loosen and I fell to the floor, no longer able to hold myself up on my leg.

"Storm?" Bellamy asked, gasping when he finally noticed my leg, he crouched down but I scooted backwards, away from the monster in front of me. I could see the tears in his eyes but I looked up to Lincoln, forcing myself back onto my feet as Jasper returned.

"Storm, you've torn the wrap" he ran forwards and I shook my head.

"help Lincoln, I can retie this" Bellamy looked between me and Jasper as I put pressure on the hole in my leg. "I never thought they'd do this to him... I wish I'd stayed now"

"No Storm, the grounders would have killed you and Lincoln" Jasper argued from beside Lincoln, as he cleaned up his face. I finally stood up and limped towards Lincoln before placing my hand in his unwounded one. Gripping tightly, he squeezed back and I smiled.

"Lib-" Bellamy started and I shook my head not even meeting his eyes.

"Don't. You. Dare" I spat, turning to face everyone in the room, people I use to consider friends. "Everyone get out, now"