13: Tri Kru and the Skai Gona

A couple of weeks passed as I spent more and more time with the grounder village I had been brought into. I spent most of my days with Lincoln, learning their traditions and language, I shared a nearby cave with Lincoln, who had quickly become my closest friend in the village. Any time away from the village I spent searching for Murphy or just collecting my thoughts.

As the Skai Kru Traits began to vanish from me, I found myself beginning to blend in more with the Trikru, the only thing that I had kept was John's jacket, which I rarely took off.

"skai gona, the tri kru laik homplei gon skai mofi, laik yu?" (sky warrior, the tree people are going hunting for sky Murphy, are you?) I hear one of the villagers call out, looking across the camp I see Indra standing with her guard around. I nod before heading towards the guard. I pull Murphy's jacket tight around my torso before taking the spear from Jona who half smiled before disappearing back into his hut.

"teik osir go" (Let's go) I reply, leading the warriors and trackers back out into the forest, we all spread out, myself finding my way into the trees and following from overhead as the trikru spread out.

"You like Murphy, don't you" I hear one of the grounders ask, I looked down to see him staring inquisitively at me. "you love him" he added and I laughed, shaking my head.

"I loved the man who banished him, the man that tried to kill him. Murphy was innocent and I blame myself for not saving him, I was his friend" I admitted, looking down, "blood must have blood, well if Bellamy forces one person out, he loses another, one of importance to him" I jumped down and he looked at me confused. "But yes, I did also care for Murphy, not love, yet. But I cared greatly" I looked forwards before setting off again, and not another word was said between the grounders.

Time passed with no sighting of Murphy or anything that would lead us to finding him, we hunted a few small animals for food tonight then began heading back to the village. I could smell the blood from the antelope one of the men was carrying, a pain in my head beginning to form, and my vision going dizzy. I sat down on a rock then took a few deep breaths. "Go ahead, I'll meet you all back in the village later" I called, watching as their silhouettes got smaller and smaller until I could no longer see anything.

Eyelids feeling heavy, I sat on the ground, propping my back up against the rock and shutting my eyes, pinching the bridge of my nose. The dizziness was becoming more frequent, and I couldn't figure out why. I was eating the same, drinking the same water, and I was probably getting more sleep than I ever had on the arc or in the Skai Kru camp. I felt my head getting heavy so leant back, allowing the sleep to draw me in, hopefully I'll feel restored when I awake.

"Emmerson?" I heard a faint voice, before feeling warmt across one side of my body, I curled up against whoever it was, to weak to even open my eyes or listen. If they were to kill me then I accepted it, because Lincoln had promised to find and save Murphy if I couldn't. If they spared me, I would find them and thank them.

"Gona?" I heard a voice ask, this one more powerful, suddenly my weight shifted and I felt the first person let go. "Storm?" Lincoln asked, placing me down on the floor and brushing my hair from my face. "It's okay, you're safe. Sleep and recover"

What could have been minutes or hours later I felt my eyes flutter and I blinked into focus, seeing Lincoln leaning against a wall, twisting my knife between his fingers.

"Lincoln?" I asked, he looked up and a smile crossed his face, which quickly fell as he looked behind me. I raised an eyebrow and turned to see Octavia chained up to the wall which I had my back to. "What did you do?" I asked, unsurely. Octavia stared at me shocked, and I turned back to Lincoln, he looked between the both of us with a sympathetic look on his face.

"em fell" (she fell) He explained, sitting in front of me. I looked over Octavia and noticed that he had bandaged her ankle, I smiled to my friend before turning to Octavia and looking at the chains.

"Why is she secured?" I questioned in Trigdasleng and Lincoln placed a hand on my upper back.

"I didn't know if she would wake before you, and if she saw you on my floor... she might attack to protect you" he stated in his native tongue, looking down to the dark-haired girl in front of us. "I wanted you to both be safe until she knew" I saw Octavia looking at us both, curious as to how we were communicating.

"than-"my thanks were cut off when we heard voices. Lincoln quickly pushed me around the corner of the cave, deeper inside before he lied on the ground and pretended to be asleep. I felt around the floor for anything to defend myself and Octavia with, when suddenly the intruder burst in.

"Bellamy?" Octavia asked, I peeked round the corner and sure enough, there was the Blake brother, alongside Finn and Jasper. I dropped the rock, and watched as all three suddenly tensed up. "How did you find me?" she asked her brother and I stayed silent, wanting to know the answer myself.

"We followed him" He nodded down to Lincoln and I bit into my lip, not knowing if I should make myself known.

"We should go, before he wakes up" Finn whispered, which caused Bellamy's look to darken as he faced the grounder lying on the floor. I saw Lincoln breathing gently, trying to feign his slumber.

"He's not gonna wake up" Bellamy replied, without emotion in his tone. I sucked in a short breath and watched as Octavia jumped to Lincoln's defence.

"He didn't hurt me, let's just go" She begged, and I thanked her mentally for not telling Bellamy about my presence. They bickered for a while until Finn pointed out Lincolns fog horn, which he carried everywhere. Suddenly Lincoln jumped up, launching a blade into Finn's side. I rushed out as everyone began to panic. pulled Lincoln away and avoided the disappointed look on Octavia's face, even more so than the angered look on Bellamy, unsure as to who I was most upset about. They picked up Finn and rushed out as I looked down to Lincoln and checked over him for any wounds. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

Riddle Me here with a little end of chapter note. I'm not a big fan of these so there won't be many but please comment any feedback, what you like and what you don't. You guys are why I'm writing this and so I want to try to make this story as enjoyable for you as it is when it's playing out in  my mind.

Thank you so much for reading and I hope this story lives up to expectations