47: Returning To Normality

I heard a faint cry, and then someone took the cloth from my mouth, I opened my eyes to see Dad beside me, fear on his face, holding the cloth. He quickly wiped it across my head, wiping away the sweat. I looked to the other side, where someone was still holding my hand to see a proud looking Bellamy. He smiled at me then looked to my dad. A faint cry caught my attention and I turned to look at Abby who was not holding my baby in her arms, it was so small.

"Storm? Do you want to hold him?" she asked, my eyes widened and I nodded, reaching out. She put the baby in my arms and I pushed back the shirt he was wrapped in to look at his wrinkled face. I smiled and felt a tear fall down my face.

"He's okay?" I asked weakly, looking to Abby who nodded, smiling widely.

"I've done all I need to, you're both okay. So, I'll leave you to do your bonding... I'm sure Marcus will run to me if you even cough in the slightest" she chuckled and I watched as dad nodded. "Don't be concerned if you feel some discomfort down there in a while... the birthing process isn't completely over, but the next bit you don't need me for" she muttered, I nodded then looked down to the little boy in my arms.

"He has his mother's nose" Marcus noted, and I chuckled pressing a kiss to his head.

"His father's eyes and hair though" I replied, smiling up. I turned to Bellamy who was just staring at my son. His eyes soft and loving. My attention went back to dad who nodded and quietly walked out. "Do you want to hold him?" I asked, Bellamy's attention snapped from the sleeping boy to me. He nodded eagerly and I gently passed my son over, watching as Bellamy carefully took him in his arms, carefully ensuring he was over his lap and safe.

"Lincoln Bellamy Marcus" I whispered, Bellamy looked up at me confused, "I'll probably call him Linc mostly, mainly because Jasper would be devastated he wasn't named after him" Bellamy smiled then looked own to the boy in his arms. "also, I was hoping you would be okay if I called him Blake, since you and Octavia were all I had when I was young, and you are the strongest people I know... and I will always deny this if you tell anyone, but I want him to be like you Bellamy, to live up to your name" Bellamy stared down at the boy and brushed his thumb across his hair, admiring the tiny black curls.

"Thank you, I don't deserve this" Bellamy muttered, finally looking up again. I smiled back and slowly pushed myself up, watching as the tears formed in his eyes. "Lincoln Bellamy Blake, you better make your mum happy, because that's what your name means" he whispered

"You came... it's the least I could do to thank you" I pushed my legs from the bed, pulling the sheet around me. "I'm just going to put something on..." I mumbled and Bellamy nodded, staring down at the boy he didn't know was his. I walked around the bed painfully before picking up my jeans and walking into the nearby toilets. I quickly sat down and washed myself before putting on the fresh underwear Abby had provided me with, and then pulling up my jeans. I slowly walked back into the room to see Bellamy humming down to Lincoln who lay awake in his arms.

"Look, mummy's here" he whispered, standing up and walking towards me with my baby. I reached out and took Lincoln from him, smiling down to my boy who was just staring up inquisitively. "Motherhood looks good on you" Bellamy muttered, I looked up and he smiled softly. "I'm sorry about last night. I was angry at myself, and I took it out on you, on him. I wouldn't have wanted to miss this, to leave you on your own" he muttered.

"Why were you so angry at yourself Bellamy?" I asked quietly, holding my son upright, against my shoulder, and rocking gently.

"Because of all of this... everything I've done since we got to Earth, how much I wish I could have changed, done right" he muttered, I stared up confused. "I wish I'd never hurt you, never left you alone on the dropship, I wish I fought Murphy for your love, that I showed you I loved you instead of sleeping with Raven to run from my feelings. I wish that it was me who was the father of your baby, not some random guy. More than anything, I wish I had been there for you, and never hurt you" he muttered, resting his forehead against mine.