When Good People Go To War

Start from the beginning

River swallowed hard. "Spoilers..."

"Or secrets." The woman muttered with a small amount of fondness in her voice.

River frowned again. "They don't know you're here so why are you here?"

"To find my mum. She needs help. From the timeline, Kate gave me the best person to help me find my mum was you."

"Well then." River glanced around looking slightly nervous. "We best go and help her then."

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Always at a bar." The Doctor shook his head.

"He will be a great help though." The Stone reassured the Doctor.

"I don't doubt you dear." The Doctor reminded as the TARDIS wheezed. They faintly heard the cries of Dorium, a rather large blue skinned alien.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"He is not the devil, neither is she. He is not a god and she is not a godess."

"He's wrong their dear." The Doctor telepathically whispered to his wife. She mentally groaned able to picture the smirk on his face under the hood of the headless monks robes.

"He is not a goblin, or a phantom and she is not a trickster. The Doctor and the Stone are living, breathing people, and as I look around this room I know one thing. We're sure as hell going to fix that." The Doctor rolled his eyes under his robe waiting for Manton to give him a good line to jump in and scare them all on. "On this day, in this place, the Doctor and the Stone will fall."

"Hoo Rah!" The crowd holding multiple guns cried.

"The man and the woman who talks, the people who reason, the people who lie, they will meet the perfect answer."

"Hoo Rah!"

"Some of you have wondered why have we have allied ourselves with the Headless Monks." Manton continued slowly making his way over to the headless monk the furthest away from him. "Perhaps you should have wondered why we call them Headless. It's time you knew what these guys have sacrificed for faith. As you all know, it is a Level One Heresy, punishable by death, to lower the hood of a Headless Monk. But by the divine grant of the Papal Mainframe herself, on this one and only occasion, I can show you the truth. Because these guys never can be persuaded." He then lowered the hood of the headless monks which showed no head or a neck at all, only skin and a small tie in the centre where it cut off. "They never can be afraid." He then lowered another. "And they can never, ever be-

"Surprised!" The Doctor said lowering his own hood grinning while everyone gasped. The Stone sighed lowering her own hood before shaking her head as everyone gasped again.

"Honestly sweetheart."

"Sorry dear." He replied before laughing. "Ha, ha! Hello, everyone. Guess who." He twirled the Time Lady around while they all stared at them both. "Please, point a gun at us if it helps you relax." The army before them all pointed their guns at the two. The Doctor knew they were not going to fire and that Vastra and Jenny both had control of the lights. The Monks readied their flaming swords.

"Well, you're only human."

"Doctor, Stone, you will both come with me right now." Manton ordered making the Stone slightly scoff the man actually believed that they were just going to follow him.

"How long do you think dear?" The Doctor questioned ignoring the Colonial. "Three minutes forty seconds?"

"Oddly specific." The Stone raised a brow.