Chapter 54: The Wedding and The Surgery

Start from the beginning

Her hair was styled up in a bun with the veil set in place with bobby pins at the crown of her head.

"You look beautiful, Aunt Emileigh." Lauren told her.

Emileigh looked at her niece. She loved her so much an she couldn't wait until the day that she had her own baby in her arms. There would be so much love given to her baby. But this was not the time to start thinking about babies and all that good stuff. It was the day of her wedding and this was a day that she would definitely enjoy.

Cindy looked at her sister, and hugged her. "I can't believe you're getting married. Dad is going to be so happy for you when he's walking you down the aisle."

Emileigh looked at Cindy. Cindy was amazing. Sure, she had her flaws, but who didn't? After all, there was nobody in this world that was perfect. When Cindy hugged her, she was a little bit surprised. Cindy wasn't one to hug people...ever. Maybe the lesson with Lauren opened up her eyes.

"Are you ready?" Lauren asked Emileigh.

"I was born ready." she said.

Their father was waiting for them with the car door open. When he looked up to look at Emileigh, he was stunned. There she was. His youngest daughter, in her wedding dress, with the same sparkle that Cindy had when she had married Kyle. Emileigh walked up to her dad and kissed his cheek. "Can you believe I'm already getting married?"

Her dad tried to hold back the tears. This was not the right place to start crying. "You look beautiful sweetheart."

"Thank you, Daddy. You don't look too bad yourself."

They all got in the car and drove towards the church. Bryan and Landon were now inside the church. Bryan was at the altar, waiting for his future wife to walk in through the doors.

He was so nervous. He had not seen the dress or the bride in over twenty four hours. It was complete torture. But in a few seconds, as the Wedding March began to play and he saw Emileigh walking in with her father by her side, all of those nerves that were once tearing him apart vanished.

She was so beautiful. Her smile gave off such radiant light. And the way she looked at him, like she had never seen anything more perfect just made him more sure than ever about his decision. He was not ever going to regret getting married. Ever.

Once Emileigh and her father made it to the altar, her father took Emileigh's hand and then he took Bryan's hand and he said, "I give you my daughter in front of this God. I know that you will make her happy, that you will treat her well. You both love each other, and it is evident in the way that you both look at each other. Take care of my princess."

He left one kiss on Emileigh's forehead and then he went back to his seat. Then the ceremony began. Everyone fell silent and they paid attention to the mass and to what the priest was saying. Finally, it came down to the vows.

It was Bryan who spoke first.

"I had written this down on a piece of paper. But I think I lost it, and I probably wouldn't have been able to see it. I'm so nervous right now." He looked at Emileigh and gave a slight chuckle, before starting. "When I look at you, I know everything is going to be okay. Everything around me melts away and you're all I see. You're beautiful. You have always been beautiful and you're the reason why I am here. I know that you're the right one for me. I was lucky. I was completely lucky. I love my family, but when I was with you, I felt like I could be anybody, that I could be stupid or just plain weird, but I felt like I belonged in this world. I know that you're the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. You're the one that I want to wake up next to, the one I want to share my happiness and my sadness with, the one I want to grow old with, the one that I want to form a family with. You complete me, and that is what I was not expecting. You made your way into my heart and trust me when I say that you're never coming out."