Chapter 45: Another Bad Dream

"Come on. Everyone's waiting." Landon looked at her. Now she was sure that Landon could see her.

"I don't know if I'm ready." She answered.

"You're ready. You've worked super hard for this. Now go and kill that song."

"I love you, you know."

"I love you too. Now go, everyone's waiting."

Lauren steps onto the stage and looks out at the audience. She's been waiting for this moment her whole life and now that she has it, she's going to rock every moment of it.

The music starts to play and she can feel the words of the song coming to her from the inside of her soul. She would be beyond nervous right now, but Landon was there and that was all she needed.

The words to the song started flowing from her mouth. She felt the emotion of each word course through her as she danced along to the song. This had been her dream forever. It was a dream come true and she was sure that it was all worth it. Already, Lauren heard the applause of the audience and the screams from Landon telling her she was doing great, that she was beautiful.

As the song ended, she descended down to the floor, her head touching the floor of the stage, her arms spread across her sides. It was the end of the performance and as she looked up, she saw that everyone was standing up and clapping.

Landon ran across the stage as Lauren stood up and once Landon reached her, he flung her in the air and kissed her. She felt sparks shoot through her, just when she was singing and dancing in front of that many people, except this feeling was because she was with the man she loved.

"You did amazing," he whispered to her in between kisses. "I can't believe how great you did. And the audience was mesmerized. They couldn't keep their eyes off of you."

"I couldn't have done it without you." she said as she looked into his eyes, those eyes that were filled with light again. "Geez, I love you so much Landon. I'm beyond happy right now."

"I love you, too, Lauren. You're my everything. I'm the happiest person on this Earth because I have you with me."

They kissed again. This time making it more tender and loving than the first. "Thanks, Landon. For everything you've done for me."

"You don't have to thank me. You know I'd do it anyway. I'd do it a million times more."

"I'd do anything for you, as well. Always. But I think we should leave."

"I agree."

They exited the auditorium. They didn't even need a car. Their house was a block away from the auditorium. All they had to do was cross the street to get there. The stoplight was on red and there was a signal on the other side of the street. It showed the signal to walk. Landon and Lauren crossed the street. Landon was a bit behind Lauren.

A bird with many colors flew across the sky. Landon called Lauren. As she turned around to see what he wanted, a car sped up, and passed the red light.

Landon was still looking at Lauren. He was in the path of the speeding car.

"NOOOOO!" Lauren screamed, but it was too late. The car crashed against Landon sending him flying at least three feet. He landed with a thud on the concrete.

"Landon!!!" Lauren screamed as she ran towards his limp body. "Landon please. Please stay with me."

She knelt down next to him. He had landed on his back, his eyes open, looking straight up at the sky. Blood stained his face and his left arm and his right leg were bent at an awkward angle. Lauren screamed for help, someone to call the ambulance as she went to kneel next to him. She positioned her face right above his and talked to him.