She keeps a small frown on her face, as she reaches the front railing, and sits next to the figurehead. When she's secured on the railing, she leans on Merry's head, and starts twirling her finger around the chain of her necklace while she plans out her next course of action. The most important goal in this journey is to make sure Luffy and Ace spend as much time together as possible. With there being more than one separation, she can work to make sure that it doesn't happen.

When she's satisfied with the plan, she lets go of her chain to pat Merry's head, then looks around to see if there's a place to dock while Nami and Vivi walk outside. They walk up to the front of the ship, where Rose is sitting, and join her in their search for a place to dock.

Vivi is the first to spot a good place to dock down the river, and points to it with the hand that's not holding her letter. "There's a good place to stop the ship."

Nami looks over the location, then starts going inside. "I'll get the others. Just hang on."

Vivi nods as she and Rose watch Nami walk inside, and quickly bring the guys outside to dock the ship. When the ship has successfully stopped, everyone but Ace and Zoro got off the ship to see Carue off while those two watched from the ship.

Vivi points to the neatly folded letter in her hand, so that Carue focuses his gaze on it. "I need you to head to Alubarna palace on your own, and deliver this letter to my father. This letter holds everything about Crocodile's plans for this country. It will also assure him that I've returned to Alabasta safely with some friends. Can you do it?"

Carue loudly quacks in agreement as he lifts one of his wings up to his head to salute her.

Vivi grins at her brave friend's attitude as she tucks the letter in Carue's green cloak, then points to the small barrel of water that's hanging from his neck. "You need to drink your water with care when you're in the desert. Try not to drink too much at the beginning."

Carue nods with determination as he gets ready to start running.

"Good luck Carue!" Luffy says as he, and the others, grin at the duck as he runs off on his own into the desert.

Once the duck is far from their sights, they get back on the boat to continue sailing on the river. After the ship starts moving, most of the others scatter around the ship to get ready for the next stop.

Rose goes back to the back of the ship, and ungracefully flies up a few feet into the air for some training. Once she's balanced on her wind, she starts trying to create wind blasts from her hands, but is only able to make a few breezes. She groans in frustration when she tries again, and accidentally turns her arm into a strong gust of wind that sends her flying backwards from the force!

The novice yelps in surprise as she crashes her back onto a crate, and smashes it, then slowly gets up while she looks down at her arm. "What the-?!"

"Looks like you really are new to your abilities."

Rose quickly turns around to see Ace, who's wearing a black jacket with flames decorating the bottom edges, watching the show from the railing with an amused smirk on his face. "When exactly did you eat your devil fruit?"

The brunette quietly sighs as she rubs the back of her head nervously. "About a week ago. What about you? Luffy said you didn't have yours when you lived with him, so it couldn't have been that long."

"I ate mine about two years ago."

"How long did it take for you to get control of your fire?"

"Longer than a week that's for sure. Your body needs time to adjust to your element before you can take full control of it."