Chapter 28 - Babies 'R' Us

Start from the beginning

“Are you coming, Jake?” I ask, looking at my boyfriend eat adorably.

“That’s why I’m here.” He grinned.

***

I groaned aloud at the overwhelming size of the store the three of us just walked into.

“It’s alright, baby. I’ll entertain you.” Jake said, squeezing the hand he was holding.

“Oh, it’s not that big.” She dismissed.

“Sure.”Jake and I muttered together, laughing afterwards.

“You two just keep whining there uselessly and we’ll see how long this will take.” This time it was Jake who groaned.

“It’s alright, baby. I’ll entertain you.” I mimic sweetly and he shoots me an amused smile before we’re off and following my mom as she tugged the red shopping cart along.

“First off, the baby clothes.” My mom says eagerly as we all stare into the seemingly endless isle of pastel colored clothing. “Come on, guys. Let’s hunt!” She exclaims and the three of us start to hunt for Avalyn’s clothing.

It seemed to have taken an hour to pick out the clothing but honestly, it had been nice. We picked out about literally, twenty five outfits and accessories. 

“Come on, we got to get the toys and stuff.” The ‘toys and stuff’, now that didn’t seem too fun. Jake, on the other hand, was excited to pick out the toys, jumping and playing with them himself.

“We’ve got to get her this one! I’ll push her along the sidewalk with this... thing.” Jake said, looking a bit confused at the colorful contraption he rolled with his feet. It was like a baby mobile.

“Yeah! We need one of those things.” My mom said and put the number down onto a pad of paper she was holding. She couldn’t just take the thing because it was like a display sample. We’d have to call for it later. 

“Hurry up! My feet are sore.” I complained. 

“Go sit down by the seating area while I chose some things out.” My mom said and my face immediately perked up. “Finally!” I exclaimed and my mom laughed. Jake put his arms around my waist as he walked with me.

“This isn’t so bad.” He whispered into my ear, a smile in his voice.

“Not exactly suicidal but my feet are killing me!” I say and his chuckle tickled my ear.

“Just a little longer, Angel.” He soothed, my heart jumping at the familiar nickname.

“I’m glad you came, Jake. I don’t know how quickly I would have cracked if I didn’t have you here to distract me.” I said, laughing. He squeezed my waist and kissed my temple.

“You didn’t really think I’d leave my girlfriend alone with her mother in freaking Babies ‘R’ Us, did you? It’d be the same as killing you.” He said, causing me to laugh beside him. We reached the corner that housed four chairs and a small coffee table with a few magazines. I quickly plopped myself down on the chair, wiggling my feet in contentment. Jacob was chuckling beside me in the chair with his tall and fit form sitting comfortably.

“Evelyn? Jacob?” An oddly familiar voice asked incredulously and I looked at Jake whose eyes were wide. In alarm, I looked to the direction of the voice. 

Kayla. Kayla, a friend from Northeast, was sitting down with her hands rested on the top of her round belly. 

“Kayla?” I asked and she nodded her head through wide eyes.

Her Stolen Innocence (Teen Pregnancy) [COMPLETED]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara