XXI

1 month later .......i watched as nova latch onto the nipple of the bottle i ran my finger through her soft curls " so miss jennings nova had recovered rather fast but she is ok to go home with you later on tonight if you want after we run a few more test " i smiled softly up at the doctor happy that nova can leave this damn hospital​ and i know king will be happy to when the doctor left the room i placed nova back into her crib and grabbed my phone from my back pocket and dial king number on the second ring he answer

Phone conversation :

King : yo what up is nova ok ?

Kyra : yeah shes fine but guess what?

king:what?

Kyra: the doctor said she had recovered faster then he thought and she can go home later on tonight after he run some more test

The line gotten quiet kyra took the phone from her ear to see if he hung up but it had read he was still in the call she placed it back to her ear and she heard shuffling

Kyra: king?

King : yeah ill be over there in a minute i'm picking out her outfit

Before kyra can say anything king had hung up

End of conversation

I sighed placing my phone back in my pocket and get some hand sanitizer before picking up nova again making sure not to pull the wire out of her nose she looked up at me with familiar eyes the same eyes i miss each day i smiled thinking about my mother and kissed nova's forehead i heard someone clear there throat i turned and seen one of are regular nurses jennifer "so hows are little fighter here " i smiled and looked at nova " she good " nurse jennifer smiled " ok so i have to go over some things with you ok before she is able to leave today so nova will still have the tube to help her breath just help her out a little ok but i want you to at least take it off her 30 minutes per day to get her used to breathing on her own ok " i Listen to her as she talked about taking care of nova outside of the hospital after she was done i seen king come in with a pink bag with nova's name on it and a pink and black carseat i chuckled shaking my head he put the bag down and got some hand sanitizer before taking nova from my hand i rolled my eyes when he did that and grabbed the bag i looked in there a whole bunch of clothes came out " king really she only needs one outfit guy " he shrugged " my baby needed options. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the bag i just grabbed a simple pink onesie and white pants that i had to roll up a couple of times so it can fit her small body on her with a plain white pair of socks " your not going to put shoes on her " i shook my head placing her down into her crib " none of those shoes cant fit her right now " i heard him sigh from behind me i turned and looked at him " but i wanted to match with her " he opened the bag and pull out a small pair of light pink and white Adidas similar to his black and white one " i smiled " king she cant there to big for her you can match her all you want when she gets a little bigger " he groaned and placed the shoes back in the bag " so when can we take her home " shrugged playing with nova's full head of hair i seen from the corner of my eye the doctor come in " hello miss jennings mr andrews " we both said hey " ok so nova had passed all are test so she can go home anytime you guys are ready to take her but i will like to see her next week for a check up ok " we both nodded then watch him leave out the room king smiled brightly and picked up nova and kissed her cheeks i grabbed her carseat and king placed her in it carefully and picked up the carseat while i got her bag off the floor we walk to front desk and signed her out before exiting the building and and placing her in king new SUV i got in the front seat after buckling her and laughed " king your so fucking extra i swear i hope nova don't pick up on this extra shit "he looked over at me confused " what i do that was so extra kyra" i rolled my eyes and moved my hand around gesturing to the brand new car " this big ass car for what shes only one baby not six and that damn bag she going be to spoiled king " he shrugged " hey she might be my one and only child so i want her to have everything we didn't have and more do something are mothers didn't with us " i nodded understanding his point because i do remember running out of food at the end of the month and having to starve. Till my got done with her "clients" no one knew i know but i know my mom was a prostitute i wasnt that young when i seen my mom come in all hours of the night falling all over the place and even some nights i would clean the blood of her face or from her legs when her clients were being to rough and king new it but at that time he was to busy worrying when his mother was coming back to get him to worry about my mom late night activities i don't ever want nova to go through that or end up like us a drug dealer and a target for sexual activities because of her parents . i felt the car stop i looked over at king and seen mirroring imagine of how i was feeling " you where thinking about them to weren't you " he nodded getting out the car and going to the back to grabbed nova i got out also and grabbed her bag i realize we where at kings house instead of my grandmothers " why are we here " he turned and looked at me while going up the stairs " this were we live what you mean " i squinted my eyes at him " king you know what i mean " he turned and unlocked the door with his free hand " i dont want my daughter there alright and to be honest i dont want you there either alright at all i buy you new shit ok " i nodded my head slowly not really understanding his sudden change of heart about that place we got in the house finally and he basically ran to his nova room " nigga stop running with the child " he laughed " i wanna see my baby in her new room i laughed to and followed after and seen he was puting her in the crib i shook my head " why is it so dark in here " he shrugged and took her breathing tube out her nose and took a picture " wait thirty minutes before putting it back in ok she needs to get used to it.

" he picked her up and place her in his arms " girl i know i talk to the nurse to now come on " he went into his room and handed me nova before getting on the bed and taking off his shirt i looked at his tattoo chest memorizing ever line he cleare...

" he picked her up and place her in his arms " girl i know i talk to the nurse to now come on " he went into his room and handed me nova before getting on the bed and taking off his shirt i looked at his tattoo chest memorizing ever line he cleared his throat and put nova back in his open arms he placed nova on his naked chest i laughed and shook my head " i like how you were the one to read all those damn books but you still dont know it got to be chest to chest she got her shirt on he shrugged and patted the bed next to him i hesitated before getting onto the bed " girl come closer i got closer and put my head on his shoulder and looked at novas sleeping face