Chapter Twenty-Seven

Heya, so it keeps on taking me longer than usual to finish chapters, and now I'm behind on writing. Originally I was going to finish this story by tomorrow, but it won't be until the end of the week now. This chapter is really exciting I think. It's got the big revealation for this book, which is nowhere near as huge as last time (I don't think I could ever come up with something that good again) but it's stil there. 

The video on the side is of this band made up of six sisters called Cimorelli and they do amazing covers on youtube, be sure to give it  a watch!

Please comment, I reeeally want to know what you think!

************************************************************************************************************

     Michael was dragged gently into consciousness by a distant sound. It didn’t register straight away what the noise was, the first thing he noticed was Debby, sleeping peacefully in his arms. Their legs were tangled up under the sheets in a sweaty mess of bare skin.

     He didn’t want to move, he didn’t want to break the spell – the feeling of profound calm – but his mind figured out what had woken him and he had to move. He nudged the sleeping girl in his arms.

     ‘Deb, I think I just heard your mum coming through the door,’ he told her. He watched as her eyes fluttered open. It was a moment before she fully took in what he’d said, then they widened and she flew out of bed. He watched as she ran around the bed, grabbing her underwear and pulling it on urgently. She gathered her clothes together, desperately trying to get them on.

     ‘Why aren’t you doing anything?’ she chided him, not stopping. He sighed and got out of bed calmly, grabbed his boxers, and went into the bathroom. He jumped straight in the shower, turning the water up as high as it could go and letting it wash over his skin.

     His thoughts were few; all he knew was that he was happy. Now that it was over with it was like a giant weight off his shoulders, everything was going to be fine. As long as she didn’t find out.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     They put off going to see Beth that evening and instead had a meal in with Alison and Robert, who were both pleased to see them again. When asked why they’d come back to St. David’s a few days earlier than expected, both Michael and Debby shied away from answering, eventually Michael told them they’d just wanted to. Luckily there were no further questions on the subject.

     Michael slept in Debby’s room that night – something which Alison and Rob could no longer forbid now that Debby was seventeen and they were going out – but they did not renew their passion from the afternoon, instead finding enough comfort in being in each other’s arms.

     In the morning, he texted Beth, telling her they were back in St. David’s and asking if she was doing anything that day. She replied saying Blake had gone back to see her parents in London so she was alone with no plans.

     So as soon as Michael and Debby were up they walked over to Beth’s, buzzing with excitement to see her again. When they reached her little house, nestled by itself on a country lane, they walked straight in without hesitation.

     ‘Beth?’ Debby called out, as they moved in.

     ‘I’m in here,’ came Beth’s voice, from the sitting room. They found her on the sofa, her legs folded underneath her, with the TV on. She jumped up when she saw them and gave each of them a hug. ‘How was Warwick?’ was her immediate greeting to them once she had let go.