Chapter Fifteen

Sorry, sorry, sorry I haven't uploaded in five days! But I did warn you that updates would become less frequent since I'm getting busier. I almost wish I'd written it all before starting to upload, but if I'd done that I still wouldn't have started uploading it. Anyways, enjoy, I'll try to upload again on Monday, but then I won't be able to for a while after that.

This one's dedicated to rosesblossom because she guessed by chapter ten of the last book that Beth was gay, and I saw that as an acheivement so she definitely derserves a dedcation! Clearly our minds think alike!

************************************************************************************************************

     ‘Come one, one hundred thousand pounds,’ Michael told Beth. ‘Hand it over.’ Beth looked down at the Monopoly board again, then at her property, eyes wide. ‘You can’t do it, can you?’ he taunted. ‘You’ll just have to hand over everything.’

     ‘No,’ she insisted. She grabbed her yellow card. ‘You have the other two yellows; you know you want this one. I’ll sell it to you. For one hundred thousand pounds.’

     Blake and Michael laughed. ‘Beth, when are you gonna learn how to play this game?’ Blake asked. ‘You’re poor, so you’re not in the position to sell for that much. You don’t get to decide.’

     ‘I’ll only settle for everything,’ Michael told her. ‘All your property and your money.’ He crossed his arms over his chest and gave her a stern look.

     ‘Okay, how about this? You take all my money and the yellow,’ Beth suggested, pleading with her eyes. ‘Come on, be nice.’

     ‘All your money is twenty pounds,’ he pointed out.

     She let out a sigh. ‘Fine, take it all,’ she gave in. ‘I’m out.’ Michael’s eyes lit up and he reached across the board to grab her cards and fake money.

     Beth stood up, kicking her abandoned high heels further away from her and went into the dining room to get her laptop. They were all still in their outfits from the ceremony, slightly crumpled now, and all still somewhat drunk on wine.

     ‘So, it’s just you and me then,’ Blake said. ‘You ready to lose?’ Beth sat down near them to watch the game with her laptop balanced on her knees. They played on for a minute or two before Beth screamed.

     ‘No way!’ she cried. ‘Michael!’

     ‘What?’ he asked. ‘What’s going on?’ Beth’s eyes were manic as she turned her laptop towards him. He looked at the screen, unsure what he was searching for. The tab open was Facebook- just Beth’s news feed- and a name caught his eye. ‘Debby Martin went from being in a complicated relationship to single,’ he read aloud. It took him a second to understand what he’d just said, but then he did. His jaw dropped and he turned his head to look at Blake, who let out a squeal.

     ‘It can’t be right,’ Michael said. ‘It must be a mistake or something.’

     ‘Michael,’ Beth moaned. ‘Don’t be silly! It’s finally happened, this is your chance! You did it!’

     ‘Well, it wasn’t me,’ he told her. ‘It was all because of Blake and her gorgeousness.’ He got up and moved around the Monopoly board to give her a hug. ‘Thank you so much.’

     ‘That’s okay,’ she said. ‘I didn’t do much.’  They all stared at each other for a moment in shock.

     ‘What now?’ he asked.