22. Read Your mind

"So baby take a ride with me and I'll fulfill all your fantasies and when the rain starts pouring down then all the love that's lost will be found." ~ Avant

***

T A S I A H

"Happy Birthday baby!! Did you see my instagram post for you?" I yelled to Jordan through the phone. I had literally just woke up to her calling me. She was the only person who called you on her own birthday. Our birthday was two days apart. Hers being December 29th and mine being the 31st. We always celebrated together and since we were cool again today was no different.

"Thanks bestie boo and yes I did. What did you get me."

"Nothing. What made you think I got you something?"

"Shutup."

"What are you and Lance gonna do?"

"I don't know. He was gone when I woke up. He text me saying he was going to work then to play basketball after. He's so playful. I bet my man got something romantic planned."

"I guess girl. You ready for the weekend?"

"Hell yeah. We're gonna have so much fun girl."

"I know."

"You don't sound too excited bitch."

"I just woke up."

"Why? Doesn't your shop open at 11."

"Yeah. Why?"

"Cause it's 11 now." My eyes widened and I sat up looking at the clock.

"Shit I have to go."

"Alright dummy. Bye boo."

I got out the bed quickly going to my bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face quickly and braided my hair back into two braids since I took out my braids two days ago. I went to my closet throwing on a Juicy couture sweatsuit with brown ugg boots since it was still chilly outside. I put on lipgloss before grabbed my McM tote, keys and phone before walking out.

My phone began to ring and I sucked my teeth picking up.

"Hello?" I answered in aggravation. I hadn't even bothered to look at my caller Id.

"Girl what's with the tude? Where you at?" Vontae said through the phone and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm coming I woke up late." I rushed around my kitchen getting me a quick breakfast before I left the house. I had the keys to my shop and I was beyond late.

"Alright girl you got angry customers out here." I rolled my eyes.

"Shit. I had overslept I'm sorry. I'm gonna be there in a few."

"Alright." He said before hanging up. I grabbed a banana, my bagel that I had covered with butter and a bottle of water before grabbing my Bag and leaving.

I heard my phone ringing again and I fumbled around in my purse before snatching it out.

"What Tae?!" I whispered yelled into the phone.

"Damn what did Tae do to you?" Amod's deep voice filled the phone making me relax. It had been about 3 days since I gave him my number and we'd been talking everyday for hours since.

"Hey Amod. Goodmorning." I took a bite of my bagel as I walked through my hallway and to the parking lot.

"Goodmorning beautiful. What you up to?"

"I'm going to work. Late as hell."

"Woke up late?"

"Yeah. I blame you you wouldn't let me hang." I joked as I got inti the car. I automatically felt funny inside but I had no time to question anything.