7. Jungle

"These days, I'm letting god handle all things above me. The things I can't change are the reasons you love me." ~ Drake
***

5 months later ( August )

"Arghh." I screamed out of my sleep sitting up quickly. I put my hand on my chest breathing hard. I was in my own bed in my own house. I had been back to my own home for about a week I missed being with Tory but I wanted to give him his space. I'd go to his house a couple times during the week but I didn't make it a habit. I clutched my chest breathing hard.

I grabbed my phone dialing Tory and walking downstairs. It rung a couple times before he answered.

"Wassup baby?" He said in a tired voice and I adjusted my phone one my shoulder while I poured me a cup of water.

"You up?"

"Siah it's 4 in the morning. What you doing up?" Tory was taking me to go meet his brother Anthony, his girlfriend Jessica and her daughter Malani who had just moved down from Atlanta. He wasn't taking me until later so I knew he was probably wondering why I was up?

"I couldn't sleep." I gulped down the water before putting the cup into the sink. I heard him suck his teeth.

"You had a dream again?"

"No." I mumbled.

"I'm on my way."

"No Tory." I said in a sigh but he hung up before I good object. I rolled my eyes at the fact that I only called him because I was scared. He took it upon himself to come.

I went upstairs going into the bathroom gargling with Listerine quickly before getting back into my bed. I got under my sheets turning my television to Nick which was playing an episode of Rugrats. I snuggled against my pillow. Living by myself had began to scare me. The more I dreamt about my parents' murder the more a big empty house creeped me out. Every noise made me jump and the dark hours had began to scare me more.

The episode had finished and another one was coming on when Tory got there. He knocked on the door a couple times and I nearly raced downstairs to the door. I opened it and he stepped inside pulling me into his arms. He closed and locked the door.

"You alright?" He asked moving my hair out my face and I nodded.

"You tired?"

"Yeah." I turned around and we walked upstairs and to my bedroom. He pulled off his hoodie and the sweatpants he had on and crawled into bed. I grabbed his clothes and the bag he brought and put them inside my closet. I turned around and crawled into bed laying on top of him. I wrapped my arms around his neck laying my head in the crook of his neck. He massaged my butt gently and I enjoyed the sound of his calm breathing in my ear. We didn't speak or move and we fell asleep just like that.
***

I woke up later that morning before Tory did. I guess I had gotten hot because I was no longer on top of him yet I laid beside him at a distance. I looked at the clock which read 10 and got out of bed. I took a deep breath splashing water on my face. I brushed my teeth and washed my face then threw my hair in a loose ponytail before walking back out. I crawled back into my bed grabbing Tory's sleeping face and kissing him all over his face. His eyes fluttered opened and he playfully rolled his eyes.

"You annoying man." I smiled backing up. He sat up stretching and I watched in awe.

Tory was one of the sexiest men I had ever seen. He had bright smooth almond colored skin, light brown eyes, pretty white teeth and the cutest freckles that danced around his face. He wasn't the cockiest man but his arms were muscular, his stomach was strong and toned and veins ran along his forearm.