16. I Care

"Every since you knew your power you made me cry. Now every time our love goes sour you won't sympathize. You see these tears falling down from my ears. I swear you like when I'm in pain."~ Beyoncé
***

T A S I A H

I woke up early in my nana's bed. I had slept over here to clear my head and she was kind enough to let me sleep in her bed since I was pregnant. We were both upset about what had happened at dinner and we spent all night talking about it. I wasn't able to sleep due to the events from last night and as badly as I wanted to be upset I didn't have the energy to. Surprisingly I wasn't upset or anything. I didn't care at this point and as for Tory and I, I didn't know. I knew we would be okay again but right now I couldn't let this affect me nor my baby. I was feeling sluggish and as I walked to the bathroom I felt the urge to throw up so I made my way to the bathroom as quick as I could still managing to get a bit on the floor. Assuming she heard me my grandma rushed into the bathroom coming to my aid.

"Damn all over my carpet." She groaned as I let out my stomach.
She rubbed my back as I finished up. I got up flushing the toilet as she walked out with the stained carpet. I walked to my bag that I head kept in her room and grabbed my tooth brush and facial products. After taking care of my hygiene I put my stuff back in my bag and walked to the kitchen where my nana was. I closed my eyes for a split second feeling dizzy.Usually Tory would make me soup with crackers but he chooses to let is ignorant grandmother disrespect me in what he swore was my home too.

"You okay girl?" I nodded rubbing my temples and sitting back in the chair.

"Hm" my nana said giving me ginger tea and two popsicles.

"What you giving me popsicles for?"

"It helps. Now eat it." I picked up the tea taking a sip before placing the cup back down.

"Ion want them. I don't feel good."

"Eat it girl it might help." I sighed picking up the popsicle and opening it.

"I gotta go to my shop so I'll be back later."

"Hopefully you'll be back to get your shit and get out."

"Shutup I'm welcomed."

I ate my popsicle on her bed before going to my bag hoping I had packed something cute since I was in a rush yesterday. I put on a black body suit that stopped a little above my knee and showed off my baby bump with black, white and gold adidas and put in gold earrings. I put my hair into a tight ponytail combing out my loose curls from yesterday. I walked to get my keys and my phone and grabbed my jean side purse before walking out.

"I'm leaving nana." I said peeking my head inside the living room. She turned to me and nodded.

"You don't wanna eat?"

"No I'm okay I'll grab something on my way."

"Alright and talk to Tory girl!" She yelled yet I ignored her going to my car. It was hot as hell and I couldn't wait until the temperature dropped around December. Even though the nights got cool the day time was torture. I pulled off from my nana's home and drove in the direction of my shop in Pembroke Pines. My phone began to ring from my purse so I reached for it seeing it was Aaliyah.

"Yes Aaliyah?"

"Girl where you at?" She whined through the phone making me roll my eyes.

"I'm coming. What happened?"

"We can't get shit done without you. We open tomorrow there's no time to waste." I rolled my eyes switching lanes.