10. Spotless Mind

"Change is inevitable. Why hold on to what you have to let go of?"~Jhene Aiko
***

T A S I A H

"Girl I am stuffed." I leaned back in my seat as I finished my Flanagan burger. I was out to eat with Jess and her daughter Milani who had been glued to my waist since I picked them up. She drew quietly on her menu that she was able to color on. This was the only time she was quiet. I had invited Jess to come with me since Jordan had been MIA lately.

"Me too. I haven't been here in so long." We flagged down the waiter and since I agreed to pay I gave him my card in the tab book and
We were now waiting for him to come back so we could leave.

"I'm so happy Tory has a girl now. Especially one who has her head on straight. I don't have any girlfriends so if I'm not out with Milani or Anthony or working I'm in the house bored as hell. He never had a girl that I liked." She rolled her eyes and I scrunched up my face.

"You've met other girls?"

"Yeah but they weren't anything serious. Well there was Aniyah. But..." she trailed off like she had said something she shouldn't have.

"What about her?"

"Here you go ma'am. I love you and you're boyfriend." The young waiter smiled giving me my card and I smiled back saying thank you before looking at Jess.

"What about Aniyah?" She said standing up and I did the same.

"Thats just not for me to tell you. I'm sorry. I'm sure Tory would tell you if you asked." Instead of pushing the issue I just nodded because I understood. We walked to my car and after she strapped up Milani we were off to our next destination.

We talked about everything under the sun in the so little time we were in the car. Jess was a cool girl and I liked her. She was so dedicated to Malani and Anthony and I admired her. She was a little older than me but we got along well and Tory loved that.

After a few more minutes we pulled into the large shopping plaza that my soon to be shop was located in. I was nervous to see it since this would be my first time. Milani was in the backseat asleep with her head slouched over.

"This girl is gonna break her neck." Jess said leaning back and fixing her head. She turned back around she looked out the window and at the other outlets.

"This shit looks nice." She said and I nodded as we parked and got out.

"It does. Now let's see how this store is looking." We walked around a little before we found mine. This was my first time seeing it since Lance had found it for me. I trusted his judgment though.

The inside couldn't be seen due to the paper that wouldn't be taken off unless the store was in business. When we opened the door I turned on the light and my eyes widened. He had definitely outdone himself and I had no idea on how to repay him.

The store was all white with dark wooden floor. It had empty racks and shelves neatly placed around the place and a long marble looking counter. I could tell that the large windows would look beautiful when this tacky paper was taken off.

"Girl your brother friend hooked you up. Got me wanting a shop."

"It is nice." I pulled out my phone calling Lance but I didn't get an answer. What the hell was wrong with my friends?
***

T O R Y

"I want some dope songs on this album. This is my coming out album and I wanna touch some major bread." One of my male artist said as I jotted down his every word on my notepad.