Before he could continue I'd raised my hand to slap him across the face for talking that way about Tam.

He caught my hand with his though, and sneered at me sadistically.

"Who gives a fuck about 'love' when it doesn't even feel as good as listening to someone scream in terror while you watch them take their final breaths? I needed a prodigy, someone to follow in my footsteps and instead I got a fucking pussy who pisses himself at the slightest mention of blood. I'm a killer, not a fucking family man."

He dropped my hand and walked away, twirling his knife along the way as he whistled nonchalantly. I opened my mouth to speak but I was at a loss for words.

How could I relay this information to Tam? She would be distraught. There was no way I could tell her why Jeff really left.

I made my way back and as I got through the large double doors I was tackled into a squealing hug by Rose.

"Mommy!"

I lifted her into my arms, nuzzling my face into the soft skin of her neck before setting her back to her feet again.

"Watcha doing sweetie?" I asked and her expression dimmed a little.

"Micah and I have been playing hide-and-go-seek."

"Ooh sounds fun, his turn to hide I'm guessing?"

"Mhm," she answered almost sullenly before her expression brightened once again, "he's a very good hider."

"I chuckled and ruffled her thick locks, "keep searching you'll find him eventually."

"I know we will!"

"We?" I asked but she was already running away. I shrugged it off and headed up the stairs searching for Tam, still unsure of what to say when I did eventually find her.

As I headed up the staircase I bumped into her, hastily on her way down. She looked worried.

"Tam I-"

"Have you seen Micah?!"

I gripped her arms keeping her steady as she was shaking visibly, "Hey hey calm down I just talked to Rose and she said they were playing hide-and-seek."

"No, no" she shook her head glancing around frantically before grabbing my hand and practically dragging me up the rest of the steps to the room Micah shared with Rose.

"What is it?"

At first I didn't see anything too out of place, until I noticed Micah's side of the room was messy, which was very unlike him. The covers were dragged off the bed along with the pillows and they littered the floor.

"I came to check on him and this..." She sounded like she was choking back tears as she led me over to the far wall next to his bed where on the floor was a few drops of what appeared to be blood, "this is what I saw."

"Maybe he-"

"He's been missing all morning! I don't know what else to do I've searched everywhere and even Slender can't find him!"

I was speechless for the second time today.

"Wh-who..."

"Rose still thinks they're playing hide and seek," she sobbed and shoved her fingers through her hair. I'd just noticed her swollen eyes, she must have been crying all day.

Who could have done this? Jeff maybe, he seemed like he would want to get rid of Micah, but how was I supposed to tell Tam the guy she loves hates their son and only thinks she was a 'good lay'?

"I'll see what I can do" I told her quickly before leaving the room, my mind whirling with thoughts. There was also this off feeling I got from Rose. Could she know what really happened to Micah?

She had said "we" would find him soon, so she knew he was missing, why then pretend they was still playing a game of hide and seek?

I found her in the kitchen trying her best to quietly take a cookie from the jar I keep on top of the fridge.

"Rose?"

She jumped, dropping the jar immediately which smashed at her feet and I quickly scooped her up making my way back to the living room.

"I'm sowwy Mommy I was just gonna take one and-"

"Shh don't worry about that, Mommy has a question for you."

She relaxed in my hold and I sat on the couch with her in my lap looking into her bright wide eyes.

"What's wrong Mommy?"

"Honey I need you to answer me honestly okay?" She nodded and I went on, "You said you were playing hide and seek with Micah right?"

She nodded again.

"Well don't you know Auntie Tamara has been looking for him too? He's missing."

"He's just a good-"

"Good hider yeah I know, but do you know where he's hiding it's very important baby." I said cutting her off before lifting her face so she was looking into my eyes to see how serious I was about the situation.

She shook her head.

"Do you know what happened to his room, why it's all messy?"

She grinned happily, "I was counting!"

I groaned, this wasn't getting me anywhere, "then what?"

She pouted slightly, "I can't tell or it won't be fun anymore."

"Please tell mommy," looking into her eyes I urged her on.

"The man, he said it would be more fun if we all looked. It's no fun with just us two."

My heart began to pound wildly, "What man? Was it Jeff? Who was it?"

"I didn't see his face" she beamed happily and hugged me, "Mommy cheer up you look so sad!"

But I couldn't. Micah might be in huge trouble. I carried her all the way back upstairs to where Tam was now hugging a pillow as she sat on Micah's bed, her eyes even puffier than when I first left.

"We need to find Jeff."

"Jeff, why?" Her voice cracked as she lifted her head too look at me and I sighed knowing what I was about to tell her would probably break her heart.

But don't be heart broken lovelies, I've finally updated after 181624199151828 years (wow it was fun pounding on my keyboard like that)! LOVE MEH AND STAY TUNED.

Byeeeeeee❤❤