I'll protect you

Bona's point of view

"Surgeon Jung you are needed in the ER"

Seriously, why is it always me. I just finished an arm surgery what is it now? If it's the ER I guess I'll have to run. Dashi run run run. I raced through the halls and I was in the  
ER in no time. I went to Ms.Kim at the desk for information.

"What is it this time?"

I asked. But made sure to say it nicely. She sighed before saying it looking worried.

" 5 Gunshot wounds but the thing is we can't find where the fifth bullet is and we think the patient may have people following him."

"His family?"

"No, we think this is gang related. Doctor Jung"

"Why don't they put us on lockdown?"

"We are but there's still a problem...... we already have some people from the gang who have entered the hospital and if they find out where the patient is they could probably attack us. He really needs to undergo surgery he's bleeding from the brain and the other Surgeons don't want to be involved with the gang. Help us, Doctor Jung, please?"

We didn't have anymore time or else this patient will be in danger.

"Ok, where is he?"

"He's in the last stall on the right please hurry"

I ran again. I knew I couldn't let someone else life be at risk just to keep me out of danger. I entered a stall and knew exactly that I was at the right place. I put on gloves and grabbed my stethoscope.

"Information?"

"Male, 5 gunshot wounds, 3 to the upper legs and 1 by the neck, and 1 still unknown, age 15, no known allergies, he has hypotension. His name is Kwang Namgoo "

After the information I put my stethoscope to his heart then listened. It was barely beating. I looked up at the electrocardiograph and the heartbeat was almost gone.

"Quick bring him to the surgery room now!"

"But what about the last gunshot?!"

"What about the last beat!"

I shouted back and we all started rushing to the surgery room and there we started the surgery. After 5 hours the surgery was finally done and the patients heartbeat was back to normal. I went out to make sure to inform the family, if there was any, about what happened. But instead of the family showing up someone else did.

"Joshua? What are you doing here?"

"Well this is all gang related and as a police I guess I kind of have to be here. The other gang members were captured and luckily there were only two who were able to enter the building"

I nodded. Smiling not because the gang members were caught but because he was here.

"So how's the patient?"

"The patient's heartbeat is normal now. He had some bleeding from the head so we had to suck the blood out then stitch it back. Turns out he was actually shout four times in the legs but there was only three holes because two of the bullets were shot the same place and the bullets traveled opposite direction. Turns out he'll be okay but might forget some things. Where's the family?"

"He doesn't have family. He was an escaped orphan"

Oh I said nodding. It was nice to be talking to him after a hard day. But still I was worried.

"Did you eat all three meals yet? Are making sure to stay hydrated? Make sure to not hurt yourself while on the job my heart will be sad if you're hurt"

I said. While looking down I couldn't help but notice a torn piece of cloth wrapped around his hand.

"What happened to your hand?"

"I cut myself trying to take a scissor away from one of the gang members, but I'm okay"

"No you're not you need to disinfect that! Do you know how deep this scissors can go?"

I grabbed his arm making sure not to hurt him but making sure he would follow me. I took him to my office and told him to sit down but he kept insisting he was okay.

"Im okay"

"But I'm not. How could I be okay when you're hurt like this?"

"Don't you have other special problems to worry about?"

"Yes and you are one. You're the most special person to me"

"Stop being so cringeworthy and go find yourself a boyfriend"

"Why would I go looking for a boyfriend when you're right here?"

I said while disinfecting his cut then stitching it up.

"Hey, if you're ever hurt again make sure to come to me first. I know that you have to go out and protect other people but you never know who's protecting you."

He smiled petting my head assuring me that he's okay and that he had to go. As he left for the door I grabbed his arm and said.

"I'll protect you"