Chapter 14

(A/N I'm so sorry guys this summer has been crazy, I'm going to start doing double updates I think. Let me know in the comments)

*Miranda's POV*

I wake up in the trunk of a car and I groan and try to hold my head but my hands are tied to my feet behind me and my mouth is taped, great. We speed down what feels and sounds like a gravel driveway and he slams on his breaks I slide back a bit and hit my head on the side of the trunk. I groan and squeeze my eyes shut. When Adam opens the trunk he smirks at me and a mystery guy in a hoodie with the hood pulled up walks up and looks at me. Its pitch black out so I can't see the guy then he rudely shines a bright flashlight in my eyes and i squeeze my eyes shut. Douchebag. 

"Bring her in I'll take care of her for a while you have 2 weeks, and we better get our money or you and the girl dies." The hooded guy says.

"Yeah yeah okay just take her and make sure no one gets her, oh and don't lay a finger on her in any other way than medically" Adam spats.

"Don't plan on it" The guy turns his flashlight off and pulls out a syringe and I wiggle slightly trying to back away. He jabs me with the needle and I tense up and things start to get really blurry a short time after he takes the needle out of my skin. 

I wake up in a pair of shorts with a guys zip up hoodie. My leg has a fresh bandage on it, I put my hand on my forehead and I wince feeling a bit of dried blood. I sit up and rub my eyes. 

"You're awake" A voice says from a chair next to the couch I'm sitting on. I nod slightly feeling light headed so I shut my eyes and lay back down hoping to feel a bit better. 

"Where am I?" I say with a cracking voice.

"Somewhere safe" The guy says and I chuckle. 

"No where is safe. Why am I here?"

"Adam is going to stage yours and his death so we get to keep you for a while until its done" 

"What about Alex?" 

"He'll move on, I mean after all he is a gang leader and he has killed so many it won't be hard for him to get over a silly little girl wanting a fairytale to become reality He's a killer he could never love anyone fully. He'll just keep lying to you, and you can't change him" He says angry. I look at my lap and let me tears fall. 

"Can I be alone for a while please?" I say quietly. He gets up and picks me up and carries me up to a room and I grab onto his hoodie. 

"Well if I'm going to be here for a while can I atleast know your name?" I ask looking up at him and he looks down at me and I see his piercing dark green eyes. 

"You know me, but when you were in that accident with your parents when you were little, you forgot me." He looks down at me and I look at him trying to remember him. "We were best friends when we were little, we kissed in your tree house and promised to always be best friends, then that winter you were in a car accident with your parents and when you got to the hospital you didn't remember anything, then you and your dad moved away right after christmas." He says and lays me on the bed. 

I look at him and take off the hood so I can see him clearly. 

"Max?" I say more of a question not knowing if that was him. His face lights up with a smile.

"You do remember me?" He asks and I nod. 

"My dad showed me pictures of you but when we went back your house wasn't there they said it burned down and that you guys moved out of the state." I look up at him and i see on his collarbone he has a scar I look up at him confused. "What happened" 

"Fiance' happened" His face goes back to anger and he punches a wall. "I tried to come back and see you before you both started dating and he got pissed off when he found out I was going to see you, him and his little group beat me up and he cut along my collarbone and said if i tried coming back to see you he'd make sure I couldn't do it again. He's not the guy you think he is Miranda." He looks down and walks out and locks the door. 

I look at the door thinking about what he said. Would Alex really do something like that? If he did why would he do it, and has he done it to other people.

I get up and limp to the closet and see some board games and some card games, see a small CD player and some ear buds, I turn it on and plug in the ear buds and click play because there was a CD already in it 'Love the way you lie' comes on and I lay in the bed and I hum along to it and fall asleep.

*Jacob's POV * 

*2 weeks later*

We haven't found her, Alex is going insane, he's snapping even more than normal. He's killed 6 people from Adams gang. We are driving to the hotel where Adam and Miranda were last seen when we see a whole bunch of police cars and ambulances. Alex jumps out of the car and runs over and i follow him they have someone on a gurney with a blanket over them they start wheeling it to an ambulance and an arm falls out from under the blanket. A left arm to be exact and it has a small tattoo of a scorpio zodiac sign and the star constellation for October and my face drops when I realize that Alex's name is also tattooed on the wrist, that's Miranda...

I hold Alex back as he screams and we watch them drag another body out and it looks like adam and they put him on a gurney and they put a blanket over him and Alex collapses onto his knees and he sobs and screams. I eventually get him back into the car and drive off back to the hotel that we are staying at. 

A few days later they confirm it was Miranda and Adam, they are shipping Miranda's body back to California so the funeral can be planned and she can be buried. Alex is a mess he hasn't said a word to anyone since they called and said it was her. We are all on a plane back to Cali no one has really talked at all since that night of the phone call. 

*Adams POV* 

I drive up to Max's house and I knock on the door and he opens up. 

"Hey is it done?" He asks.

"Yep they all left for California, now here is your money. Give me Miranda and we'll be on our way." I say and he smirks and takes the money and leads me to her room. I open the door where she is laying on the bed watching the news. 

"Now a follow up on the missing persons case, Miranda and Adams were found on wednesday night in a horrible car accident, police say that Adam must've lost control of the car and drove into oncoming traffic, the car was flipped over and totaled, both were pronounced dead at the scene of the accident." The news lady says and Miranda turns off the TV and looks at me and Max. She sits up and walks over to me and punches me in the nose and I groan and hold it for a second then pull a syringe out of my pocket biting the cap off the needle and I jab it into her neck and she winces and grabs onto my arm and slowly goes limp. 

"Shhhh Princess don't fight it. You won't win" I whisper into her ear as we both slowly make our way to the floor as she passes out. "You are ours now and no one can take you away" I smirk and pick her up and take her to Max's car and put her in the trunk. We get in and drive off. 

Alex you lost this one. I think and smirk knowing that I won.