Chapter 20

*Alex's POV*

I watched her as she drove to the hospital I couldn't tell is it was worry or hope in her eyes. I sat there knowing I still loved her but also knowing she'll never love me back. When she ran into that room and the way she hugged him and the way he held her.. I knew he was good for her, better than I was. He wouldn't lock her in a closet, I knew she was claustrophobic before that time. It was really awkward sitting there waiting for josh to arrive. I'm currently sitting at a bar remembering everything that I miss about her, I'm not sure if it's because Lydia is gone or because i knew i loved her more than life and I tried to hide it in the attic. Josh comes in sitting next to me.

"Figured it out didn't you?" He asks taking a sip of the beer that was just placed in front of him.

"Look I don't need you pulling the 'I told you so' move okay. So cool it." I sigh and take the shot.

*Miranda's POV*

I'm laying with Matt as he has his arms wrapped around me. I'm clinging to him scared he will evaporate into thin air if I let go.

*6 months later*

HE IS COMING HOME!!! I am super happy Max is finally coming home however I'm moving in with him. Alex lost his cool the other day and my wrists are still bruised from him squeezing them so hard. I get him in the car then drive to our apartment and we go inside. I guide him over to our room and sit him on the bed.

"I'm not broken anymore I'm completely healed you don't have to treat me like I'm fragile, that's my job remember" he strokes over my hair and the side of my face. I put my hand over his smiling a bit then I move his hand and I kiss it. I sit on his lap looking at him, he looks at my wrists and sees the bruises.

"I'll kill that bastard even if it's the last thing I do." He goes to get up and I wrap my legs around him.

"Babygirl you know this doesn't effect me right?" He chuckles and I nod.

"I'm to tired to fight you to stop so I'll just do this so you get tired out faster" he kisses the top of my head then lays me on the bed and he lays next to me.

"Come here" he opens his arms and I cuddle up next to him. I lay in his arms falling asleep. I wake up to him and Alex yelling and arguing. I get up going in between them and I kiss Max deeply to get him to stop yelling while flipping Alex off. Not the smartest thing I could have done ehh oh well.

Alex storms out and I look at Max.

"Go to your room NOW" I warn and he looks down going to the room.  I yawn and go to the kitchen to make breakfast. I put the eggs and toast on a plate and go to the room and sit next to him.

"What happened.." I look at him.

"He came in here demanding I leave you and never come back because you were his no one else's. why does he think that he can just pull you back to him because his girl left him."

" I don't know but you can't fight him, you can't give him a reason to want you dead than what he already has." I look up at him. "Promise me you won't throw the first punch?" 

He nods and grabs my hand kissing it. "As long as you promise to never put yourself in between two lunatics while they are fighting." 

I nod "okay deal" 

* Alex's POV* 

I'm going to kill him and take her somewhere no one will ever find her she is mine and only mine. Clearly she didn't take me serious when I gave her those rules to follow. Well she will learn now. 

I drive home and I go into my office and grab a bottle of whisky. taking a sip right out of the bottle I see pictures of both lydia and I, and miranda and I. I took so much away from Miranda, and she didn't mind, i mean well maybe she did i just never noticed because she hid it so well. Lydia she didn't have anything when we met that's why she moved in so quick.

I sit there thinking about how i'm going to her miranda back. I know i will whether she loves me or not, she's still mine.

My plotting is interrupted by someone opening my door and coming in. I look over and it's Lydia. 

"What do you want?" i snap at her. 

"To make you forget about that little girl" 

A/N 

I am so sorry guys, this summer was absolutely crazy, i had a lot of family problems, got a new job. here is a small chapter i have another one in the works.