C.7- Finally Back Home

Chapter Seven

This is it, I'm finally in New York, I'm finally back in America after so many years of living in France with Anton. And I must say that I definitely missed my home, the smell of it all and the thrill of just being here makes me feel like a child entering the arcade for the first time.

Also, the fact that I'll be facing my friends and family for the first time in almost six years is making me excited, but nervous for the most part.

As we drive by the busy streets of New York, I was caught up in my own thoughts while observing a pair of old couple sitting by a tree in Central Park as our car stopped on a red light, they were simply talking and laughing, and it somehow reminded me of Lucas, I've always imagined our lives to turn out like the old couple I'm currently observing. Sadly, this vision is so impossible now.

"Love, are you okay?" Antonio squeezed my hand. I turned to him just in time for him to see a tear rolling down my face.

He quickly turned to cup my chin, concern in his eyes, he hugged me. "Vi, please don't cry, what's wrong? Are you getting cold feet? Do you want to fly back to Paris?"

I shook my head as I sniffed, "It's just that I miss them so much, and I'm finally going to see them after so many years, Anton. What happened to Lucas? And my twin brothers? And Pat? Oh god what if they hate me for leaving them?"

He sighed, "I'm sorry, I'm still so fucking sorry for what I did to you all these years. I hate myself everyday because of forcing you to marry a demon like me Violet. We are going to get through this, okay? They're going to understand. And no matter what happens, you still have me."

I hugged him tighter, "I love you, okay? Who cares if we had a bad start? I know you did that because you were a complete psycho. But it's okay because it all worked out for the best."

He sniffled against my neck in response. Which only means that he's crying too.

We are seriously such cry babies.

"Why do we always cry, Anton. Have some balls will you?"

"Well, if we're talking about balls I can--"

"NO! NO BALLS I'M GOOD NOW"

He chuckled, and we goofed around for the whole ride to my parents house.

¤¤¤¤¤¤

LUCAS' POV

"We're finally going to see her after so many years. I still can't believe it." Patricia said while helping the others set up the dining table.

"I don't even know if I should be happy or not that she's back." Luigi replied.

"Good thing the asshole finally decided to bring her back to us." Tyler, one of the twins, remarked while putting mashed potatoes on the table.

"Why are you so quiet about all this?" Monique asked, nudging my elbow.

I shrugged. Truthfully, I didn't know what to expect, and the fact that I'm with Monique now makes everything so damn complicated.

"Kids, their car has just arrived at the gate." Mr. Martin looked so happy to finally see her daughter after five years.

I took a deep breath and sighed. I honestly don't know what to expect from all of this. And to actually see Violet after she left me, after she chose him, after she walked away from our lives.

I loved her so much, and the fact that I'm with Monique now makes it all the more complicated.

I never had closure, and I guess deep down, I know that there will always be a part of me who still loves her, and I can't change that.