C.3- The Proposal

Chapter Three

Patricia's POV

For five years, I've tried my best to forget about Violet. She was the best friend I ever had. She always knows what's wrong with me, she knows when I'm sad, she knows when Luigi and I are in the fight, she knows when I'm angry, and aside from my brother; she's the only one who knows me truly.

I hate the fact that she walked away from Lucas, but what hurts the most is that it doesn't feel like she only walked away from him, it felt like she walked away from us. She left us for him, and up to this day; I still don't know why she would just leave us like that.

When she was gone, it just felt like there was a big part of our group that was missing.

Her brothers and parents were affected the most. They were so lost without her, the twins don't act like they used to, Eric became a workaholic, her parents are blaming themselves.

Everyone was so angry at her, but at the same time everyone missed her. There wasn't a day that passed that we don't miss her.

Lucas was the one hurting the most, when we all went to college he tried to do everything just so he could to forget about her. But I guess, nothing ever really worked.

We waited, no one really had to say it out loud, it was just there. We were hoping, hoping that one day she would walk back into our lives. But then a day turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, months turned into years, and then we all graduated from college; but there was still no sign or call or text from her. Not even one.

Everyone grew up to be the person they wanted to be, and eventually we all had to let go of the fact that she's just not coming back. Ever.

We lived with it of course, although it was pretty hard, getting used to the fact that she's not with us anymore, college kept us busy. One thing that we learned from her is that, no matter how far we were from each other we still had time for us to gather at least once or twice a month.

She made us realize that we should never let go, never forget.

We never stopped being friends. For that, I'm or we're thankful for it.

"Pat? What's going on? You've been staring at your food for the past hour." Luigi said, looking amused.

I looked up at his brown eyes, even after being with him for the past few years, he never failed to make my heart skip a beat.

I blushed, "Don't be so harsh babe, I was just thinking about something."

"Of course you are." He smirked, kissing my lips. "Anyway, I still have class in thirty minutes. I'll see you at dinner okay?"

I pouted, "Okay. I love you."

"I love you too baby." He kissed me one last time and then he left.

"Do you think this is the day that he would ask you to marry him?" Joana gushed as she did my make up.

I grinned, becoming even more nervous than I was a few minutes ago. I have been waiting for the day that Luigi would grow a pair and finally ask me to marry him.

Of course, I wasn't rushing into anything. It's just that I feel that we are both ready to get married.

"Pat? Hello? You haven't even answered my question." She smirked. "You've been having the googly eyes ever since I asked about him asking you to marry him."