8: Angering Words

Otto got back to the house around six in the morning a look of shock and almost a jelous crossed his face.
His baggy eyes look tired I know that type of tired.
"Have you been drinking"
We all never drank before the first glitches Otto became a mind alcoholic.
He would get bad sometimes but other times he would stay away from alchol altogether.
I have to be honest I've had a few hours from time to time but only to loosen from reality a bit. The taste is awful.

He still hasn't answered my question
"Otto have you been drinking?"
I ask again and he glares at me.

A glare that makes me undersrand.
A glare showing his jelousy his regret.
This is where we used to lay together.
Where we would lay like Geoff and I are currently.

I unplace my hand from Geoffs soft hair it's hard to but Otto needs some reassuring at the moment. Simply that is enough.

"Maybe a litte"
He finally answers the question and continues,
"Did he fade yet?"
The seriousness in his voice is almost alarming.

"What about fading?"
Geoff butts in waking up from his nap.
He refuses to lean up from my chest though. I'm not complaining.

"Nothing Geoff"
Otto explains using the same sweetness in his voice as he once used for me. That voice is for Geoff now.
I don't think he'll ever use that voice for me again. I'm not the person he would die for. We all know that Geoff holds that role.

Geoff holds that role for all of us.
Maybe even Jawn.

"It sounds like something."
Geoff points out his soft not unpressing against my body as he stands up and walks halfway across the room towards Otto.

"It's nothing." he protests.

"If it's nothing then why won't you tell me?"

"If it is really just nothing you would tell me because none of you guys ever tell me anything that is trully important."
Geoff and Otto both look like they are going to explode.

"Please don't explode it would be gross" I plead sarcastically.

Instantly regretting the words that come out of my mouth because Geoff had started staring at his body his shirt freshly ripped off.
I've told myself over and over that I have to be careful with the words I choose to say.

And good old awful me wasn't careful.

Geoff starts to violently scratch his body where solid skin remains, it instantly became an irritated rash.

Otto and I take seconds to comprehend what is going on.
Precious seconds every second matters.

"Geoff Stop!" I scream but he continues scratching. Otto attempts to unleash his hand from his stomach. No use.

"Geoff quit it you're hurting yourself!" he yells still trying to remove the partially holographic hand.

"I'm going to explode anyways!" he yells fresh tears pouring down his face.
"I'm going to explode."
He unreleases his hand and kneels to the ground letting Otto wrap his arms around his frail body.

He whispers some unreadable words into Otto's ear.

Then he fades and he does something he hasn't done since the first time he started to glitch.
He's been doing it ever since my mouth spilled.

He cried.