Would they meet one day? He was more than sure they would but he felt nervous about it. What if they didn't like him? What if he gave a bad impression of himself on their first encounter. What if-

"Stop thinking that way. There's no need to do that to yourself." Hunter was like the voice of reason. Even before Jacob knew who he was, it saved him from messy situations and break downs.

"I can't help it."

"I know you can't, but you need to relax. Now is not the time to stress yourself out over nothing."

Jacob rolled onto his side and watched a beetle conquer the tall blades of grass. Big raindrops started splashing on the ground around him but not once did they touch him. His storm was here, watching over him and fuelling his powers.

He rested his head against his arm and enjoyed being on his own, even if it was for just a little while.

* * * * *

Grace stood outside her home. Margo and Anthony's truck was parked behind her husbands on the driveway. Another car was parked by the side of the street and she knew her brother was here.

Her eyes scanned the home she made a family in. She had hopes of living here with Scott forever. They'd grow old, make new memories and let their children grow up and live their own lives. 

After Scott's dad told her about Jacob, her hopes and dreams were shattered. How could she live with a son who was a werewolf God? Her parent's say they are the worst kind. She never understood why but it's because they exist to help the wolves.

At first, she was sceptical about hating them. Her brother had been paired with a werewolf and she was a bit intrigued. However, her parents threatened to abandon her and ruin her relationship with Scott so she cut ties with her brother and never saw him again.

Over the years, she too started seeing her parents closed minded opinions and began to hate the wolves. She was smart enough not to tell them about her son but she was devastated and that is why she tore him apart. She thought that if he didn't have the confidence and the characteristics of a God then he simply would not be one.

Of course, that did not work.

It was in Jacob's destiny and it always has been.

"I'm so sorry," She whispered and pulled out a letter from her pocket. This was her goodbye.

Her parents are dangerous people. They have managed to kill many, many werewolves without a single hesitation and if they ever found out about Jacob, they would try and kill him too and she just couldn't cope with that.

So she was leaving.

This home, her family, her career, her life. Everything was gone to keep her family safe. She knows she has not been a good mother and she regrets leaving her brother behind and not being there for him. But she could no longer live with the fear of her parents finding out about Jacob and their involvement with werewolves.

To start helping him, she had to remove herself from his life and it is the hardest thing she will ever do.

She walked up the concrete path with William and Jacob's hand prints embedded into it. She gulped her utter sorrow and held her head high before stopping outside the front door.

She wanted to break down, beg for forgiveness and hug her family. It was hard coming to terms with it but it was for the greater good.

With a trembling lip, she pushed the goodbye note through the letter box. Her breath caught in her throat as the tears came without command. She quickly turned and ran back to the car.