Chapter 29 - Friends?

(Marks POV)

I lightly shook Jack as the sunlight shone down on him, making him groan and yawn.

"Jack? Wake up, c'mon..." I sighed and realized I had no other choice, I grabbed him arm and quickly pulled him off the bed. He fell to the floor with a thump, and a squeal escaped his lips.

"What the fuck, Mark? That hurt ya fuckin' cunt." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"Ouch, my feelings. Anyway, get up, we have school today." He stood up and looked at me, making me tilt my head and smile at him.

"Go away, Mark. I'm gonna change."

"I've seen you nak-" He glared at me and I stopped talking, making me giggle. I had already dressed before he had woken up, so I just made him scrambled eggs.

"How much time do we have left, Marky?" Jack's voice echoed through the house. I quickly pulled out my phone and checked the time. Crap.

"We have 10 minutes left, hurry up." In an instant, Jack burst out the door with his backpack hanging on one shoulder. Without sitting down, he took in 3 spoons fulls of eggs before unlocking the door.

"Hurry Mark, we'll be late!" I sighed and skipped out the door, never getting to eat my wonder scrambled eggs.

-O shit waddup time skip-

(Jack's POV)

My heart was beating rapidly in fear, what was I going to do? In the time I hadn't gone to school, who knows what Bob and Wade have planned for Mark and I? Sighing, I squeezed Mark's hand as we walked into class, all eyes seemed to focus on us. Whispers filled the air, making me uncomfortable and scared.

"McLoughlin, Fischbach, a word with both of you outside?" We both nodded at our teacher, following behind her as she lead us outside.

"Where on earth have you both been? Actually, no matter, I suppose your parents talked to you? Now, you are both getting detention for two weeks. Got it?" Mark and I nodded again, not saying anything as we walked back inside, taking a seat next to each other.

"Alright class, today we'll be-" And after that, I was in my own little world. With nothing and no one, just me in peace.

-Time Skip rollin' down the street-

(Marks POV)

I pulled Jack along to gym, and he suddenly stopped, which made me look around. Then I saw it, no, them. I tried pulling Jack away, but he just stood still in fear.

"Jack we have to get out of-" But before I could finish, the two guys were standing in front of us, making Jack shake.

"Jack. Mark." I glared at the two as I wrapped my arm around Jack, assuring him he was safe.

"What do you two want?" The boys awkwardly looked at each other, then looked to their feet.

"We need to, er, have a talk. Like, a serious one." I furrowed my eyebrows and clenched my fist.

"Damn right we do."

"Wanna skip gym?" As if Jack and I didn't already miss enough school, though I just really needed to sort things out. I shrugged and followed the boys to the back of school, keeping Jack at my side at all times.

As we reached the back, the two boys, Bob and Wade, turned to look at us.

"We're sorry." They said in unision, making me scoff and step away from them.

"How am I, no, how are we supposed to know that?" I said as I pointed to both Jack and myself. Jack's grip on my hand tightened, I looked up and saw his face full of fear.

I looked back at Bob and Wade, they frowned and I squinted my eyes when, suddenly, a tear rolled down Wade's face.

"I'm just- I'm really sorry, okay? I don't know what the hell is wrong with me, I don't-" He suddenly fell to his knees, I may be angry at them, but I'm not heartless. I let go of Jack and bent down to Wade's level. I put my arm on his shoulder and frowned.

"C'mon, get up." He sighed as I went back to Jack, hiccups flowing out his mouth. He stood up wiped his tears.

"No, I need to tell both of you that-" I held my hand up to his face, which made him stop talking.

"It's fine, Wade. But you.." I looked back at Bob who just stood there, his face showed no emotion. I pulled Wade to my side and and glared at Bob, who seemed to just stare at the floor.

"I just... I don't know what to say. What was I thinking? Oh god..." His brought his palms to his face and sighed, quickly looking back at us.

"I'm so sorry, both of you." He said, digging his nails into his palms in anger.

"Hey, no need for that, bud. You're okay, we're okay, alright?" Jack said, Bob quickly let his arms drop and mouthed a small 'sorry'.

"We should get going, Jack and I will see you around." As I turned around, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked back and saw Wade looking at me.

"Are we, I mean, can we be-"

"Friends?" I cut him off. He nodded and I ran my hand through my hair. I crossed my arms and looked at the groud.

"I don't kn-"

"Sure. We'll be going now. See you both." Jack pulled me away and sighed. I stared at him in shock and tilted my head.

"They look lonely. I know what it's like to be lonely. I felt bad." I nodded and sighed.

"Do you think we forgave them too easily after all they did to us?" I asked as I wrapped my arm around Jack's waist.

"Definitely."