Chapter 26 - It's Not Over Yet

(Marks POV)

I jolted out of bed and yelled. I could feel beads of sweat make their way down my face and back. My fist tightened on the sheets and I looked around. I saw Jack trembling and staring at me.

"I-I was dead.." His voice cracked and his breath was unsteady. My eyes widened and my arms found their way around Jack. I felt him hug me back tightly in return. Tears fell down my cheek as I sobbed and burried my face in his neck.

I shook my head and looked up at him. His eyes were blood-shot and his bottom lip was trembling.

"No... I was dead" My voice was soft.  He nodded and looked at his palms.

"We were dead" He whispered.

"But how? How did you know I was dead if I jum-"  He placed his hands on my lips and sobbed.

"Don't you fucking dare say it.." I frowned and calmed myself.

"Was this a dream? Did we dream the same thing, in different points of views?" He shrugged his shoulders and sighed.

"I j-just don't understand.." He said as he leaned back in bed, closing his eyes and frowning. I layed next to him and put my head on his chest. I saw him grin slightly and cry.

"What's wrong?" My voice echoed through the quiet room. He reached out his arm and played with my hair.

"I'm just so happy I'm here, and that you're here." I nodded my head and shut my eyes tightly.

"I can't leave you again, I don't want to lose you.." Tears found their way back into my eyes and they danced down my cheek. Jack got up and pulled me with him. He dragged me to the living room and hugged me.

"I never want to lose you, either.." He said as he let go of me. He grabbed my hands and placed his forehead on mine. I smiled and looked him in the eyes.

"Can I get a kiss?" Jack giggled and kissed me, I kissed back and and placed my hands on his waist. He pulled away and smiled.

"I love you, Mark" His Irish accent made its way into my ears and sent shivers down my spine.

"I love you too, Jack" He smiled, and a ring was heard from the bedroom.

Jack and I walked back to the room and I saw him answer the phone.

"Hello?" I sat down next to him and tilted my head.

"Oh. I'm sorry about that, I've been busy." I was lost at this point, but I still listened.

"Today? Well I have no plans, so sure. Thank you, bye!" He ended the call and jumped into my arms. I laughed and pushed him off.

"What'd I miss?" His face was full of joy.

"Okay, so guess I had an appointment to get my cast off a while ago, but we missed it. But, they have space today, so can we go?" I smiled and ruffled his hair.

"Hell yeah! What time?" The checked his phone and looked up at me.

"Uh, in like, an hour.." He shrugged his shoulders and smirked.

"So, shall we?" I pointed at the closet and he nodded.

-Time Skip-

After nearly thirty minutes of changing and getting ready, we were done. Jack sighed and walked towards the kitchen.

"I'm gonna make breakfast!" He called out to me. I ran towards him and wrapped my arms around him.

"Not without me, you're not.." I booped his nose and he smiled. I let go of him and entered the kitchen.

"So what do you wanna make, Chef McLoughlin?" He rubbed and chin and tapped his foot against the floor.

"Hm, I'm not sure. Any ideas, Chef Fischbach?" I shook my head and and looked down.

"We could go with the old eggs and bacon, you wanna?" He smiled and suddenly frowned.

"Doesn't bacon have like, a lot of fat and, you know it-" I cut him short and grabbed his shoulders.

"You know you love bacon, also.." I reached down and grabbed his hand, slowly caressing it. "..you're so fucking perfect." I heard him chuckle and wrap his arms around me. 

"Thank you Mark, eggs and bacon will be fine." He let go of me and turned towards the fridge. I smiled and watched him stare at the fridge.

"Alright, you cook the eggs, Mark. I'll cook the bacon." He walked over to me and kissed my forehead while handing me eggs. Laughing, I took the eggs and placed them on the counter.

-Time Skip-

I shoved the eggs in my mouth and pushed my fork away. I heard Jack giggle and take a bite out of his bacon. I ate the rest of the bacon and threw my dishes in the sink.

"Jack, we're gonna be late. Don't you wanna get that cast removed?" He checked his phone and nodded. He sat up and gathered his things, leaving his food on the table.

I opened the door, waiting outside for Jack to arrive.

"Let us go on an adventure!" Jack skipped to my side and watched me close the door. We climbed into the car and drove off.

-Time Skip Because The Author Is Lazy As Fuck-

I heard a small cheer come from my left. I lifted my head and saw Jack shaking hands with a doctor. She was tall, had a huge ass, big boobs, and was checking out my boyfriend. My boyfriend. Yeah, maybe I'm doing too much, but he's mine.

"Hey baby, you done?" I said, kissing Jacks cheek and giving him a hug. I saw her eyes widen and she looked away.

"Yes, Sean here is good to go. Thank you." She walked away and I giggled, putting my arm around Jack.

"What was that about, ey Marky?" I shrugged my shoulders and kissed his head.

"I'm not sure," Jack and I both entered the car, bored and tired. I turned to look at him and smiled. "I'm just glad it's not over yet. That we're not over yet." I started the car and began to drive home.

"Yeah.." Jack said, "me too, Mark."