The Casanova's Daughters (15)

Chapter 15

Heartbeat

Jiyong's POV

I felt so tempted to insert my right hand into my right pocket where the ticket is kept. Painting is a great hobby but not a great source of income. I mean Artist that sell their artworks can pretty much profit from it if there are buyers or if the artist itself is very well-known. We all know that in this society there are people who pretends to know much, just to belong to the same higher class as the others are. It's just they're trying to break the walls between the nobility and the commoners.

She began to scowl as she puffed her cheeks out. I wanted to feel so annoyed about her inadequate response to this kinds of situation but somehow I feel light. Like I wanted to pinch her cheeks till they get red enough for her to look more like a doll with pink tinted cheeks.

Somehow I stare at her in amusement and unconsciously bit my lips to suppress my smile. She somehow resembles a rabbit, a really cute one.

" Yah! Say your apologies." My Mother ordered and I knew too well that she was really going to beat me once I don't.

I just stared at her completely amazed at the petite girl standing all fumed up. All of the sudden I grinned at her, making her step up and literally step on it. Gosh! My poor little feet, being stepped on using the heel tip of her stiletto, burying it for some time before leaving it alone and walked out on us.

"Aisshh!!! Bitch!" I hissed as I struggle to hold the pain. Even when I'm in pain, my Mother still smacked my head. I hissed and glared at my Mother for the beating. " I'm in pain Omma! Can't you see?"

" I can see that pretty clearly, you bipolar, insolent, ungrateful, disrespectful bastard! How can you treat her like that? And you even dared to smirk at her in that very kind of situation!"

"Tsss.. Everyone's watching Omma." I said as I tried to compose myself and try to stand on my both feet. I struggled for a short time but managed to. " Be civilized."

I earned another smack in the head. " You ppabo! What ? Civilized? You acted like you have been just seen your Bride walking on the aisle for a second and acted like a Jerk for the rest of the Minute."

" Whatever Omma!" I said as I turned my back on her. I had taken a few steps already when I heard her faint voice saying. " You felt and know it. It's up to you how to pursue my daughter-in-law."

I walked acting nonchalant about what I heard but the more steps I take away from my Omma, the more hotness I felt on my cheeks lowering my head more and more and thinking deeply about what my Mother said made me feel happy and a little uncomfortable.

I tried to shake this feeling off but still felt a little disoriented since that encounter earlier. I am with my parents eating dinner in their favourite dating restaurant. I unconsciously stared at their slight bickering. The way my father hisses at times or the way my mother would pout and glare at them and not later will burst out laughing with each other.

I recalled the situation that I was in earlier with Dara. I know it was an unpleasant encounter and preferably despises me from what I uttered earlier. I looked down at my foot, the one that she intentionally murdered using the tip of her heels. I can still feel it throbbing a little and I wince once in a while. But after what she did, I couldn't dare hating her. Instead, a flashback of a cute, fumed up tokki keeps me smiling even now.

I didn't realized that I was already smiling from ear to ear when I felt someone kicked my knee from under the table.

"What the hell are you smiling at you jerk." My Mother said hissing, acting like a delinquent old lady.

" Quit acting like that Omma, you act like a deliquent Ahjumma." I rolled my eyes at her.

She glared at me more. "Well, this Ahjumma is quiet more civilized compared to this young man before me who is a"Jerk", ungentle-man, ill-mannered, ruthless, insensitive.."

"We're in public guys."

Mr. Kwon's POV

Have you experienced being in the middle of a situation where your appetite was good and one moment later lost one because the guys that you are with started to get themselves engrossed in an argument wherein they were both acting like kids fighting over some dirty candy on the floor.

"We're in public guys, shush it for now."

My wife then stared at me in disbelief. "No, this son of yours might be a well-known business man with the perfect etiquette in the business industry but is a poor one in treating people and most of all a woman. That was my friend's daughter. Even more, she was the artist of that exhibit."

"I didn't know that Omma." Jiyong said defensively.

"You didn't, but you should still have shown some manners. I feel so humiliated. There were lots of people there and they probably think that I don't know a single bit about raising a child. See this young man? "She said so furiously pointing at our son. "I don't know how I raised and where I did wrong with this man.""

"Chill now, I know he didn't intend it. Knowing him, you should know that too. "

"I didn't really intend that."Jiyong pouted.

My wife glared at him again. "I find it so hard to believe you Jiyong. You were smirking at the poor girl after humiliating her."

I listened to them bickering like a couple. My wife, his Mother, kept on throwing him accusations and my son keeps on defending himself.

" Mr Yang is overprotective with his daughters."I said as I played with my glass of wine.

"I know that."Said my wife. "I liked the girl so much and I can't believe he can ruin my plans on that. I was building you up and then you ruined it with this Jerk attitude of yours."

"I know, My Fault Omma."

I keep on staring at my son the whole night. He is usually silent but this night he was more silent than the usual. He kept on sighing and I couldn't help but think that maybe there was something he is not telling us, maybe he had a fight with his girl or maybe...

He was in the balcony looking at the stars blankly.

"I knew that there is something that there is something bothering you . What is it."

He stiffened feeling surprised but then stared at me.

"Dad, after the encounter I had with Miss Park.... Whenever I think about it or her... I felt my heart beats louder."

"Fumed up? Rage?"

"No", he said confused. "I don't know. "

I then smiled at him and tapped his back

"Congratulations, for the first time of feeling that heart beat of yours. You are no longer a dragon son. You are now turning more into a human."