The Casanova's Daughters (20)

Chapter 20

The Who??

Seungri's POV

I left my Hyungs when most of the seats inside the theatre has been occupied by the guests and spectators of tonight's awarding. Nominated Idols and performing Idols has been separated from the audiences which are mostly VIP's, Movie and Music Producers, Directors, and Talent/Music Company Presidents. I also sighted some public officials like Mayors and Senators. After excusing myself from my friends, I hurriedly prepared myself for the stage. 

I was invited to not just perform tonight, but not to everyone's knowledge. The audience, Idols, and media covering tonight's awarding knew that I will perform this year but they were not informed that I will be performing for the opening act of this night. Also only a few knew that I was chosen to co-host tonight too. 

I was greeted by pouting from my make-up artist and stylist upon my entry in my assigned dressing room then glared while nagging at me.

" What took you so long?" said Ysabelle as she glared at me then turned her head towards the hanging wall clock inside the room. " 48 minutes before your stage performance! Where have you been you Dummy!" Then pulled me to sit on the chair  in front of the big mirror. 

I just chuckled at them feeling more nervous than the man performing himself. But that made them more angry. 

" Nothing's funny you Panda! I still badly needed to cover that dark circles around that eyes of yours, and it's not that easy!" frustration rushed through Tonette that is clearly evident from her voice.

"Chill you two, we got this. I trust your abilities very much!" I said smiling at the mirror showing them a thumbs up. 

" Abilities you scumbag!" Tonette hissed. 

" Watch your mouth Lady!" I said pretending to be offended with Tonette. By the way, these two grew from Paris. They also wanted to be called by their english names, ALWAYS. Or else, they will mess up with your make-up and outfit. 

" You'll be on stage most of the time. In front of the camera. Geeezz! If something goes wrong in tonight's event and ruin our careers, we'll tell you. We will have someone to assassinate you!"

"HARSH!" I said pretending to be more offended. These two have been my team even from the start. I remember meeting them in Paris during my two (2) months vacation.

Tonette glared  at me more while assisting me with my outfit. But she then grinned evily. "I heard CL is just a few rooms away from us, styling the girl host while her sister is somewhere in the other rooms checking on her group of dancers performing tonight." she then teased me a little. "So have you seen your CL upclose?".

It was my time to glare back at her. She knows how to get on my nerves. They knew too well that I haven't reallt talked to or even been upclose with CL. I snorted back at her and rolled my eyes. "Time's running BRATS!"

It was then that I felt a pain on my head. Ysabelle was pulling my hair. I felt like all of the strands are being pulled uot one by one. "Yah! HOW DARE YOU BULLY ME ON THIS NIGHT WHERE I AM THE HOST OF THE SHOW!" I yelled getting frustrated at the teasing of the two but instead of taking it too seriously, they just laughed hard.

CL's POV

"So, what do you think? Shall I loosen it a bit so you can breathe freely?"

I have been helping the female host dress herself up.

She shook her head. "Mianhe, I was just too nervous that I ate three (3) cup noodles earlier. I didn't really expect it would affect this much."

I just smiled timidly at her and helped her out again. "You weren't able to sleep much last night and you have been stress eating." I then looked at her in her eyes. "Everything will be fine. Just relax! There will always be a first time so just enjoy the night, okay?"

She then smiled brightly at me. "Thank you Ms. CL."

The atmosphere in the dressing room then changed slightly. This fine lady is an actress and new to hosting. She would probably stutter a little on the stage but she'll eventually manage.

I double checked her and the dress as I bid goodbye to her and the staff. She might need time to meditate a little and mentally prepare herself for the crowd.  As I got out of the dressing room, I fished out my phone and texted Minzy. She's in one of the rooms here but I can't just barge in and check all the rooms myself. Some idols must be changing or even mentally preparing just like the girl host I was with a while ago.

I leaned against the wall in the hallway. Many people have been going in and out of the rooms busy preparing for tonight's event. The hustling of designers/stylist, make-up artist and assistants that are attending the needs of their idols, looked like a fast-forwarded scene from a movie. I smirked knowing that they are all so much engrossed in tonight's event like it will last for centuries, when in fact this would just last for less than three hours.

This moment reminded me of my family. The Parks are all too busy with their chosen fields just like these Idols. The staffs are more likely them, as supporters. They tend to the needs of each other. At the very moment they open their lips, everyone is doing what the other wants to do. It's like telepathy. No words uttered, but they move as if they are being told to.

My thoughts are then interrupted when Minzy texted me her whereabouts. I strode slowly towards the direction she texted, passing by the busy crowd.

"You're here! I thought you got lost already." Minzy said when I opened and entered the room that she was in. She looked at me and smiled. "Five more minutes, okay? I just have a few more instructions."

I nodded at her and then she began talking to her crew. She was giving her last minute instructions and reminders then introduced me to them.

"By the way, My sister, CL." Minzy smiled cheekily at them.

I bowed at them and introduced myself as well. "Hi, I'm CL. Nice to meet you all."

I then heard a few of them murmuring, saying a name of someone, until one gained courage and asked me.

"Did you by any chance met Seungri here?"

I raised an eyebrow asking her the same. "Seungri who??"