Chapter 29: Asgardian Prison

They arrived just outside the gates of the grand palace of Asgard. The guards there seemed prepared to take in Loki as they had chains ready for him. The muzzle was released from his jaw and he was placed in chains that trailed from his neck to his wrists, and furtherly, to his ankles.

Ash winced as she knew it was her fault that Loki was in such a position but he looked like he could care less of his situation.

Sif, Thor, and the Warriors Three were surprisingly not admitted into the throne room as both prisoners were immediately taken into the room. But they were called away to prepare for duty elsewhere. There was apparently an urgent matter with Hogun.

Loki was taken ahead of Ash as she was pulled slightly to the right side of him.

She then recognized the voice of Frigga. "Loki."

He looked at her, Ash could tell for a split second that he was feeling many emotions at once before he smiled. "Hello, mother. Have I made you proud?"

Frigga pleaded with a sad edge, "Please don't make this worse... for you and Ash." She put emphasis on the 'and' clearly knowing of the troubles between the two.

Loki seemed slightly put off by the mention of Ash despite the fact that she had been standing beside him the whole time. "Define worse."

"Enough!" Odin interrupted them, causing Loki and Ash to look up at him. "I will speak to the prisoner alone." He was looking keenly at Loki, momentarily ignoring the fact that Ash was standing between two guards and watching.

As Frigga exited the throne room Loki stepped forward with a laugh as the metal of the chains clanked together around his ankles. He held his hands out in an innocent manner as he spoke, "I really don't see what all the fuss is about."

Ash looked at Loki with the knowingness that all that time he had spent on Earth he felt he was doing no wrong. She learned that as soon as she was back with him during his time as King. She learned that he felt like he was doing a favor to the people of Earth.

Odin had an emotion that Ash couldn't quite notify in his voice, "Do you not truly feel the gravity of your crimes? Where ever you go there is war, ruin, and death. You have even managed to twist the mind of a poor Midgardian who is only under Asgardian arrest due to your actions."

Lokis glare sharpened as he argued, "I went down to Midgard to rule the people of Earth as a benevolent God. Just like you."

Odin tilted his head as he stated, "We are not Gods. We are born, we live, we die. Just as humans do."

Ash knew that that was certainly not the impression that any human had. Especially after the episode that had passed with King Loki.

She was even right as Loki retorted without hesitation, "Give or take five thousand years."

"All this because Loki desires a throne..." Odin changed the subject rather quickly as he was studying Loki intently.

He growled, "It is my birthright!"

"Your birthright," Odin leaned forward in annoyance as though he had to practically explain it to a child, "was to die! As a child." He noticed Ash's confused look towards Loki as well as Loki's sudden solemn expression. He explained further, "Cast out onto a frozen rock. If I had not taken you in you would not be here now to hate me."

"If I'm for the axe," Ash flinched as Loki suddenly stepped up speaking, "then for mercy's sake, just swing it. It's not that I don't love our little talks. It's just..." He paused as though searching for what to say, "I don't love them."