Chapter 11: The Beggining

Tony seemed to have been taking his time as he walked into the penthouse. Jarvis was also assisting as Stark was removing his suit. Ash was almost worried as she watched. He surely wouldn't stand a chance against Loki like that. The suit was what seemed to keep Tony in one piece.

Loki grabbed her arm as they began to walk into the same room as Tony. Loki had a smile on his face as he commented, "Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity."

Ash took this as her chance of showing off, once again. She muttered, "Humanity... You know what that is? I'm-"

"Silence, pet! That fool might have rescued you before but there is no one to save you from your own death now." He was holding the blade of the scepter towards her when Tony interrupted them.

"Actually, Reindeer games, I'm planning to threaten you," He walked over to his bar. "and don't call her pet. I'm not really fond of that nickname. Ash!" Loki and Ash seemed to have been giving him an odd look for interrupting their little quarrel in such a manner. He turned his head to look at her and he gave her a questioning look, "What's with the Loki support shirt?"

Ash's face turned red as she looked down at the green shirt that was portraying the gold helmet that Loki was currently wearing. She seemed flustered for a moment before she seemed to have lost her composure. "I... I... uh..." She pointed to Loki in the most accusing manner as she seemed really unable to explain herself.

Loki seemed irritated at how he was suddenly being given orders by this mere Avenger, but he was inwardly amused at the manner in which Ash was too flustered to explain herself. "You should have left your armor on to order me around and threaten me." He gave a most charming smile as he pulled Ash into his arm on his left side, his scepter still pointed at her as though in warning. "Do not think of it as meager support, my pet simply wears the colors of her King." He seemed to have been intent on getting on Tony's nerves as much as Tony was getting on his.

"Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage. You've got the blue stick of destiny pointed at your 'biggest fan'." He did air quotes as he walked behind the counter, "You two want a drink?"

He looked between them. Ash almost looked ready to accept before Loki answered, "Stalling me won't change anything."

"No, no, no!" Tony pointed a finger at him, "Threatening. No drink? You sure? I'm having one." He smiled as he saw Ash slightly put up her hand. "Ah, a taker!" He smiled at her and got out two glasses.

Loki glared at her and she took a step away from him in an awkward manner. He didn't address her as he simply went on about his great plan, "The Chitauri are coming, nothing will change that. What have I to fear?"

"The Avengers." There was silence for a moment as he looked up at Ash and Loki. He only continued as he grabbed the bottle of alcohol from the shelf, "It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. 'Earth's Mightiest Heroes' type of thing." Tony seemed to have been standing there and talking a great deal more than he was fixing the drinks. But he just had to see the expressions regarding the Avengers.

"Yes, I've met them." Tony was only slightly offended but he could understand why Loki seemed very amused at their little group of heroes.

As Loki seemed focused on Tony, Ash snuck over to the bar counter and took a seat on the counter top, earning her odd glances from both men who noticed her. She looked at both of them and defended, "You two are plotting... Act like I'm not even here."

Tony nodded his head before averting his attention back to Loki and admitted, "Yeah, takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one." He placed his hands on the counter and leaned forward towards Loki, "But, let's do a head count here. Your brother, the demi-god; a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up the legend; a man with breath-taking anger management issues; a coupe of master assassins, and you, big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them."