Chapter 3

Game after game, Star kept winning

Game after game, Star kept winning. Why was she so good as this? It ticked him off... no, it enraged him.

The demon picked up his arcade game system out of the ground and threw it it against the wall, creating a giant crater in it. He was so angry that flames engulfed his body and he started to rise in the air.

Star wasn't even afraid of his outbursts anymore, she was getting annoyed. She rolled her eyes and watched as the demon had another hissy fit.

"I WILL NOT BE HUMILIATED ANY LONGER!"

"Seriously, Tom? It's just a game. Stop getting soooo angry that I beat you," She said.

He ignored her and continued to encircle himself in flames.

Star blinked. "Look, I'm gonna go now. Sorry for making you so upset over a stupid game." She started to walk to the door. Her hand was on the doorknob now.

Tom quickly calmed himself and ran to her, stopping her. "Babe, wait!"

The blonde pulled her hand away and snapped, "Don't 'babe' me, if you're going to get mad like this at every little thing, then I don't want to date you."

Tom wasn't fazed at her words at all. "I can change."

"Uh huh."

Tom gently tickled her under her chin, and Star was visibly more annoyed than ever. She smiled at him, then stepped closer, and punched him in the shoulder.

"Ow! Hey!" Tom growled at her demonically. "THAT WASN'T VERY NICE!"

Star smirked as she opened the door and stepped out. "You know what else isn't very nice? Me leaving. Byeeeeee." She slammed the door in his face, causing Tom to completely lose it. The door flew off of its hinges and he came flying out, grabbing her roughly.

Star gasped, wincing as he held on to her arm tightly. "Hey! Let go of me! What are you doing?!"

"YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE! IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR DATE!" The demon tried to pull her back into his room, but hesitated as he felt something clamp down on his lower arm.

Star bit him, punched him in the face, then made a run for it.

"GET BACK HERE!"

"No, you're crazy! I never wanna see you again!"

Tom cooled down from his rage when he heard those words. That hurt bad, like a knife to his heart. He frowned as he watched her walk away, ashamed of his actions. "Okay, Starship..."