Chapter 2- My Guardian Boyfriend

That night was really hectic. The London Base was gone, and all I wanted to do was bury my head in Mason's chest, which is what I did. I wanted the feeling to last forever. That warm feeling that some was there for me. But I knew as he held me close that the feeling would eventually stop.

I had no idea how right I was.

Eventually, he carried me to a room I later found out was his when he visited his grandmother. He tucked me into the bed and whispered that everything was going to be all right. With his cute smile, he turned off the lights and left me to drift to sleep. I was woken up by the shaking of Tyler, telling me it was time for dinner. I was about to tell him to leave me alone, but then I realized that it would be rude not to accompany my friends. 

Plus I wanted to be with Mason.

I reluctantly sulked downstairs to the kitchen and slipped down in the only empty stool. Everyone was already talking, mostly small talk.

"What's the weather usually like?"

"What's happened since I left, grandmama?"

"How did you two meet?"

"What's this table made out of?"

Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and pretending to be alright. I, on the other hand, did neither of those things. And Mason could tell. 

"What's wrong?" he whispered. I stared at my plate. "Hey, shorty, what's wrong?" He poked on and on, calling me all the nicknames he could think of. "I'm gonna keep probbing you until you talk, Christan. You might as well talk now." He then proceeded to poke me harder until it turned into punches. This is probably when I snapped. I don't remember entirely. It seems all so far away, right?

"What do you think is wrong, Mason?!" I shouted. Everyone ceased conversation and all stared at me, but I didn't care. I was too busy blowing my top. "My friends are dead and the little amount of life I might have had before has been taken away from me! They're hunting me. They're hunting us. They're hunting you, Mason, and I hate it! I hate all of it! None of us desreve this, yet we're hiding from the STUPID WORLD GOVERNMENT!! I wish things can go back to the way they were." With that, I attempted to hide my tear-stained face by running up the stairs to Mason's room. I cried as I slammed the door. I cried as I burried my head under pillows. I cried and cried until I nodded off to sleep.

I know it's not important, but that night I had the worst nightmare in my whole life. I'm only saying it because I find ironic with the situation I'm in right now.

It started like this: I was tied to a chair faced towards a semi cirle of 5 people. I realized they were the surviors of the London Base: Martha, Donna, Jack, Tyler, and Mason. Like me, they were tied to a their chairs, but unlike me they had looks of worry on their faces. I found out why a few seconds a few seconds later.

A bell rang. Donna suddenly screamed and erupted into flames.

Another bell rang. An arrow whizzed by my ear and impaled Jack in the heart.

Another bell. Martha's neck ozzed red as a knife slit her throat.

Another bell. Something opened above Tyler and a giant concrete block fell on him.

Even though these actions scared the living daylights out of me, the last one made me the most scared and anxoius. When the last bell rang, it gradually grew louder as Mason was killed. First he bursted into flames and impaled at the heart. Immediately afterwards his throat was slit opened as a concrete block fell on his remains. His screams was drowned out by the bell that kept ringing.

I tried to close my eyes, look away, something, but no matter how hard I tried, I was forced to watch this horrific nightmare.

Soon another sound overlapped the bell. It was laughter. Horrible laughter, that was somewhat familiar. "Give it up, Christan, or this could happen very soon!" Then I knew who that voice belonged to: Cat.  Her laughter became loud as the corpes began to scream. All the noises grew louder and louder until it beacme a horrible cacophony.

Then I woke up screaming. And Mason ran in, only in his shorts for the night. Already, his presence comforted me. "What's wrong?" He asked.
I could only studder. Mason sat on the bed and cradled my head. . He stroked my hair until I calmed down.

"Bad dream?" Nod. "Want me to say with you?" Another nod. I closed my eyes and felt Mason lean his head back. I think that's when I fell asleep, with no nightmares this time, and my guardian boyfriend proctecting me...